Reader reviews and comments on The Last Time They Met, plus links to write your own review.

The Last Time They Met

by Anita Shreve

The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve X
The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve

Apr 2001, 320 pages
    Jan 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 59 reader reviews for The Last Time They Met

bons (04/02/02)

Need to pick a book for a book club aqnd am choosing between The last time they met or Fortune's Rock . I have not read either yet?? What do you Think? Thanks. mailto:pbonnie000@aol

Note from BookBrowse: For discussion guides and advice on starting and running a reading group - and a discussion guide of this book - visit http://www.bookbrowse.com/readersguides/
Maria (03/06/02)

I loved the book and couldn't believe the ending...was it really all in Thomas' imagination??? There is just too much that doesn't jibe...help....hobana@attglobal.net
Rose (03/02/02)

I am in shock after finishing this book. I loved it, but am confused by the ending. I don't want to believe that it ended the way that it did. I will definitely re-read it. I also need to re-read The Weight of Water to look for further clues to Thomas. Anita Shreve is an amazing writer!
Anonymous (02/16/02)

I have just read The Last Time They Met and I am completely intrigued by the ending. I have many questions and am dying to talk to someone about it. Please email me at akim6@aol.com Thanks!!!
Anonymous (01/07/02)

I enjoyed the book but feel that its the type of book you have to read twice, since the end was so shocking. I had to read the last page over and over again to realize that this was all in Thomas' imagination and that really devastated me. I was born in Kenya so found this book particulary good.
NSL - Australia
Anonymous (11/15/01)

Having read almost of all of Anita Shreve's novels, I have to say that this is most definitely her best yet! The plot is intriguing as I am actually living something very similar to what Thomas and Linda would have known and can certainly relate to all of it. Even some of the names are eerily familiar.....ironically I read The Weight of Water after this novel and thought I was experiencing déjà vu. I found it interesting that an author would tie two books together like this and would love to ask her why. An absolutely beautifully written piece of work.
Anonymous (09/12/01)

Linda
I think that this book was good, but confusing. I read half of it and
then several weeks passed before I read the second half, so maybe that is
why it was confusing. At the end of the book I felt like I was not sure
what really happened. If somebody knows can you please email me at
chot6275@aol.com and explain to me what really happened?
Anonymous (09/12/01)

Aimee
I loved this story. I cried the whole day when i was finished with the
book. When I reached the last page, I kept thinking did I read this
right? If anyone can please explain what the last paragraph meant!

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle