Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

by Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Mar 2001, 384 pages
    Feb 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Ashley_16 (05/22/14)

Soo far
I have been reading this book, and so far I don't like it because it's a hard read and it just plain out doesn't make sense. If I were you I would try it for a little bit to see if it's your type of reading.
Allejandro (03/14/12)

Worst Book EVer
This book sicked. It was slow-moving. There was barely any action and NOTHING exciting ever happened. It's plot is also very stupid. Who cares about saving and old run-down town. It doesn't seem like someone would want to write about it and it doesn't seem like anyone would want to read about. I do not suggest this book to anyone!
pkiedikie123 (10/11/10)

This book to me has captured me greatly when I was reading it to when I was finished. It is most definitively on my top 10 favorite books and has one of the most interesting characters I have read of including Ben. They made me laugh and cry. I was so into this book i didn't sleep trying to see what happened next i am super glad I found this book in my time of need because i had nothing to do and was feeling desperate for a good book to my angel for laying this book in front of me because I'm so blind I could of missed it. I am a true fan of this book and shall always be. This book captures great things as in detail to personality of the characters to the part when I just think to myself I wish I was in the book.
Pika (01/13/09)

Character Development
In my opinion, Brian Jacques does a wonderful job of displaying all aspects of his characters. Readers are drawn into his stories by his use of deep emotions portrayed and developed throughout.
Cup o' Noodles (04/03/08)

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman
The book has an amazing plot and interesting characters, but I found the speech a bit troubling to follow. That personally is the only bad part of the book to me, as I had to reread parts to truly understand them.
bobby (12/04/07)

I just read this book it was wonderful. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the time. I usually don't like reading too much but I couldn't put this book down. I am currently reading the second one and I love it. I would recomend this book to any one 10 or over who likes adventure.
Razzle Dazzle (04/15/07)

Rubbishist book i have ever read
I did not understand the plot of this book. I found it extremely hard to flow with the characters, speech, emotions. I didn’t really enjoy this book at all. As the first Brian Jacques book I have ever read it did not leave much of an impression and I do not expect I shall ever read any other book by this author.
lilLizard1021 (11/17/06)

This is a great book. I read it in ONE night. Brian Jacques combines good humor and action. At some points it's so toughing it feels like there's a hot water bottle on your heart. though sometimes it can be a little slow moving it's at the perfect times when the story line really needs to slow down (even if you don't want it to). MUST READ!

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.