Reader reviews and comments on A Girl Named Zippy, plus links to write your own review.

A Girl Named Zippy

Growing Up Small in Mooreland Indiana

by Haven Kimmel

A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel

Mar 2001, 240 pages
    May 2002, 240 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Girl Named Zippy

Zippy is also my nickname (02/18/03)

I was drawn to this book because my nickname is also Zippy. My basketball coaches gave me the name Zipppy because i was fast and energenic. I have not yet read this book but look foward to reading it. It looks marvelous. ~Zippy
xntrik78 (11/20/02)

a book everyone should read... it's excellent!
Sarahbethers (11/08/02)

This has to be one of the better books I have read in years. I work 2 full-time jobs and am in graduate school and (unfortunately) I could not put it down. It was charming and witty. I can remember having similar thought to Zip when I was a little girl growing up big in Jeffersonville, Indiana! I look forward to much more and to having more time to read them personally.
samaree (07/01/02)

I always say don't write a biography if nothing happens to you. Well, nothing earth shattering or cataclysmal happens to Haven, nicknamed Zippy by her father for her frenetic personality. In 1965 when she's born in her hometown of Mooreland, Indiana the town has a population of 300 and stays that way for many decades. Zippy's mother is always reading from her stacks of books and her father is always fishing, working or whatever he does during the day. So Zippy spends her early years riding her bicycle and spending time with her friends. Her father pulls an incredible stunt to prove to his next door neighbor that his own two dogs are very quiet. This book is funny, sad and immensely readable and I look forward to more of this author's work. A memoir of her teens, perhaps?

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down.

Y S M B, I'll S Y