Reader reviews and comments on Finding Fish, plus links to write your own review.

Finding Fish

by Antwone Quenton Fisher

Finding Fish

Jan 2001, 368 pages
    Dec 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for Finding Fish

Ramona (05/02/02)

I took in my nephew, so I read this book to get a better understanding of the "foster" child's thinking and emotions. I was pulling for Antwone all the way! Unfortunately, it shows that religious people are not always good people, and the breakdown of the social service system that, sadly, continues to this day. I admire Antwone's resolve and determination to make something of himself despite his circumstances. Thank God for such a talented brother! I will most certainly be giving this book to my nephew to read. He is 22 years old and in college now! I can't wait for the movie to come out! This book will touch your heart and soul!
sandra (04/30/02)

As an admininstratorwho has worked with foster homes .If feel this book is a must read.It unfortunately reveals the hypocrisy of the system . It exposes the failure of the system .It is a brillant protrayal of things I have heard from adults who have braved the system.Mr.Fisher is a talented writer whose words will transport you into his world..I will encorage others to read his story in a effort to humanize a system and its participants. I also am thankful to God for Mr Fisher's talent and success.
MIKE CLIFTON (04/12/02)

AS DENZEL STATED, THIS IS A BOOK TO BE SHARED BY ALL COLORS. IF ANYTHING MR. FISHER PROVES THAT WITH INNER STRENGTH, A LITTLE HELP AND A SOME LUCK ONE'S LIFE CAN TURN OUT FOR THE BETTER. I WOULD HOPE THAT THIS BOOK WOULD INSPIRE PEOPLE TO BECOME LOVING FOSTER PARENTS TO CHILDREN THAT NEED A PLACE TO GROW AND FEEL A SENSE OF WORTH.
melissa (04/08/02)

This book is amazing, right from the beginning it grabs your attention. Reading like a fictional book and at times allowing you to forget that the book is a true story. I believe this book is highly inspirational for all people and can show anyone who is in hard times that if you just work at it you can escape the hard times.
Emma Renaudo (03/26/02)

When i read this book, it moved me, and gave me confidence in myself. I knew I could do anything that I wanted to do and be somebody. Antwone didn't let anybody bring him down and that's a good thing.
Thanks to Antwone I learn to love myself more.
Emma.
Anonymous (08/13/01)

Eddie Gordon
I have never read a book that I could put down until now. I thought I was
reading my story. As a foster child growing up in the system this book mirrored
an image of myself which I could believe. Not only is the author resilient, but
the vivid images that were in his book were impeccable. I beg of you if you have
not read this book to not only buy it but give it to friends as gifts or to
anyone who thinks their life cant get any better.
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Vina
As a social worker, this book immediately caught my attention. I wanted to read it to understand what goes through the mind of a foster child, and what drives them to either fail or succeed. Mr. Fisher captured both ends of the spectrum in his remarkable book, with his observations of his foster siblings and his own insight into his problems. The book re-inspired me to always talk with "my kids" about their choices, their future, and most importantly what is going on in their foster home placements. I highly recommend this book to anyone who works with children.
Anonymous (06/23/01)

Shirley Singletary
Although I have only read the first two chapter, I can't put the book down. Antwone Fisher is a strong individual. This story just goes to show afro-american that no matter what situation you've in, if you just put your trust in the Almighty All Things are possible! As I continue my reading ( I also saw the Montel William Show) I very glad he choose not to give up, but to stay strong and just look at his great out come. This just goes to show all people to keep hope alive, trust God, and never, every give-up your dream for a better life. Thank you, Shirley Singletary/Librarian II. @ Collier Branch Library, Houston Tx.

In the Country of Men
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P