Reader reviews and comments on Finding Fish, plus links to write your own review.

Finding Fish

Dec 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 41 reader reviews for Finding Fish

Deborah Johson (06/10/02)

Dear Mr. Fisher
Your book,Finding Fish was featured in my book club this month. Our dscussion is this Friday , June 14th and I can't wait. This novel prompted so many emotions within me that you would not begin to know. I am so proud of you and I was amazed at your level of balance even with the life you had. I wish that you could be a part of our discussion somehow but that's wishful thinking. You are a prince, a gentleman, and a true warrior. This was my all time favorite book and I anticipate the movie. I am seeking support to lobby in Washington for revamping the foster care institution and I will use your novel as reference. I hope you don't mind. I believe that bank accounts for example should be maintained with the state monies to secure the monetary futures of those in foster care. I have many other beliefs and novels that I will reference. Your wife is a lucky and blessed woman. You deserve every happiness coming your way. It still amazes me how God loves us and allows us to experience even tough days to prepare us for a place where we are in real service to others and utilize the talents and gifts in which we were born. Keep looking up and continue to only to reference the pass for strength and guidance that you need to pertpetuate love in your present journey. You're a baddddd dude. Bless you and yours. Debbie Johnson Phila., PA. nullFinding Fish
Ramona (05/02/02)

I took in my nephew, so I read this book to get a better understanding of the "foster" child's thinking and emotions. I was pulling for Antwone all the way! Unfortunately, it shows that religious people are not always good people, and the breakdown of the social service system that, sadly, continues to this day. I admire Antwone's resolve and determination to make something of himself despite his circumstances. Thank God for such a talented brother! I will most certainly be giving this book to my nephew to read. He is 22 years old and in college now! I can't wait for the movie to come out! This book will touch your heart and soul!
sandra (04/30/02)

As an admininstratorwho has worked with foster homes .If feel this book is a must read.It unfortunately reveals the hypocrisy of the system . It exposes the failure of the system .It is a brillant protrayal of things I have heard from adults who have braved the system.Mr.Fisher is a talented writer whose words will transport you into his world..I will encorage others to read his story in a effort to humanize a system and its participants. I also am thankful to God for Mr Fisher's talent and success.
MIKE CLIFTON (04/12/02)

AS DENZEL STATED, THIS IS A BOOK TO BE SHARED BY ALL COLORS. IF ANYTHING MR. FISHER PROVES THAT WITH INNER STRENGTH, A LITTLE HELP AND A SOME LUCK ONE'S LIFE CAN TURN OUT FOR THE BETTER. I WOULD HOPE THAT THIS BOOK WOULD INSPIRE PEOPLE TO BECOME LOVING FOSTER PARENTS TO CHILDREN THAT NEED A PLACE TO GROW AND FEEL A SENSE OF WORTH.
melissa (04/08/02)

This book is amazing, right from the beginning it grabs your attention. Reading like a fictional book and at times allowing you to forget that the book is a true story. I believe this book is highly inspirational for all people and can show anyone who is in hard times that if you just work at it you can escape the hard times.
Emma Renaudo (03/26/02)

When i read this book, it moved me, and gave me confidence in myself. I knew I could do anything that I wanted to do and be somebody. Antwone didn't let anybody bring him down and that's a good thing.
Thanks to Antwone I learn to love myself more.
Emma.
Anonymous (08/13/01)

Eddie Gordon
I have never read a book that I could put down until now. I thought I was
reading my story. As a foster child growing up in the system this book mirrored
an image of myself which I could believe. Not only is the author resilient, but
the vivid images that were in his book were impeccable. I beg of you if you have
not read this book to not only buy it but give it to friends as gifts or to
anyone who thinks their life cant get any better.
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Vina
As a social worker, this book immediately caught my attention. I wanted to read it to understand what goes through the mind of a foster child, and what drives them to either fail or succeed. Mr. Fisher captured both ends of the spectrum in his remarkable book, with his observations of his foster siblings and his own insight into his problems. The book re-inspired me to always talk with "my kids" about their choices, their future, and most importantly what is going on in their foster home placements. I highly recommend this book to anyone who works with children.

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund