Reader reviews and comments on Finding Fish, plus links to write your own review.

Finding Fish

by Antwone Quenton Fisher

Finding Fish

Jan 2001, 368 pages
    Dec 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for Finding Fish

Marina (12/09/02)

I found Finding Fish an inspiring book. As a social worker and one who works with incarcarated mothers and their children, it gave me a better understanding of the various issues and challenges the children endure. Mr. Fisher proves that you don't have to be a product of your environment. This book should be a required reading to social workers that are planning to work in the foster care system and prospective foster parents.

I hope that Mr. Fisher will continue to have much success and when the movie, Andre Fisher comes out on December 25, 2002 people will go out and support it.

Marina Gethers, Baltimore, MD
~deedee (11/15/02)

this book was recommended in a class that i am taking through the state. as a foster-adopt mom, this story gave me insight to the thoughts of foster children that i may not have realized before. i.e. how they can translate something we say into something so far from what we meant. it is a remarkable story of courage and survival and it is a great lesson for all of us. i am just so thankful to the author for sharing his story and touching so many lives!
winterkisses (10/28/02)

This was the best book. I felt for Antwone and am glad that he has become a wonderful human being. Out of ashes he kept his spark, and he is truely blessed. I have given this book to my teenage daughter to read and give her insight that what she takes for granted, others search for.

maury (10/19/02)

This is a very good book, my grandparents raised 2 sets of Foster children(well into their 70's) and we loved them all. There are horrble people who should not have kids or be foster parents. Antwone survived and grew to be a honorable man. I was always taught that the human spirit will triumph over tragedy, and he has proven that. To all the kids out there that are struggling and dealing with the same type of inhumane treatment- speak to your teacher, a trusted friend or someone and let them know- do not suffer in silence. I know your scared, but trust me there are good people out here who care and love. I know- my mother left me when I was an infant and if it were not for my maternal grandparents already in their 50's god only knows where I would be today.
M. Cruise (10/02/02)

Kudos to Fish! You are truly a SURVIVOR! Thank you for not allowing one's abuse to hinder your bright light. Shine forever more my brother!
Tess (07/24/02)

Absolutely INSPIRING!! I've told everyone I know to read this book from Cleveland to California. I just wish I knew when Fish was back home in Cleveland making the movie...(I would have been there to get a roll) LOL!
Moving and encouraging. I used this book as an example of how to get beyond limitations and being kicked in the teeth to a group of "at risk" teens at a Cleveland High School and encouraged them to start a book club with it when they just can't find anything to do.
You're a hero Mr Fisher and I wish you all the well-deserved peace your life can hold.
Godspeed
ps
Hurry up with that movie!!!
Tess in Cleveland, OH (all the areas in the book)
Jessi Quezada (06/27/02)

I read this book and it blew my mind. It amazes me how certain people have so much strength, intelligence, and beauty. Fisher has these qualities and more. I was extremely touched, and felt that his writing was a gift to us all. Therefore, please get this book...don't check it out from a Library. It's way to good to return it.
This book is a definite keeper.
Deborah Johson (06/10/02)

Dear Mr. Fisher
Your book,Finding Fish was featured in my book club this month. Our dscussion is this Friday , June 14th and I can't wait. This novel prompted so many emotions within me that you would not begin to know. I am so proud of you and I was amazed at your level of balance even with the life you had. I wish that you could be a part of our discussion somehow but that's wishful thinking. You are a prince, a gentleman, and a true warrior. This was my all time favorite book and I anticipate the movie. I am seeking support to lobby in Washington for revamping the foster care institution and I will use your novel as reference. I hope you don't mind. I believe that bank accounts for example should be maintained with the state monies to secure the monetary futures of those in foster care. I have many other beliefs and novels that I will reference. Your wife is a lucky and blessed woman. You deserve every happiness coming your way. It still amazes me how God loves us and allows us to experience even tough days to prepare us for a place where we are in real service to others and utilize the talents and gifts in which we were born. Keep looking up and continue to only to reference the pass for strength and guidance that you need to pertpetuate love in your present journey. You're a baddddd dude. Bless you and yours. Debbie Johnson Phila., PA. nullFinding Fish

One Month Free Membership