Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

AlexisDT (12/20/17)

Amazing book!
To the negative reviewers I would ask a question. What is the theme of Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation?
AP US student (09/27/15)

excruciating
This book was assigned to me for my advanced placement US history summer homework. This was a very bias and bland text. I do not recommend this to anyone unless you like headaches.
Jared W. (08/06/15)

Very Intresting
This book puts the early years of the American Republic in a new light for me. Mr. Ellis is a genius.
Gift (08/13/13)

Why
I had to read this book for school and I literally wanted to cry it took me forever because I fell asleep every time picked it up. HORRIBLE BOOK.
Tyler (01/27/13)

Awful
Over written,could be re-written in 40 pages, redundant and biased. I would not recommend to anyone.
... (09/09/12)

Horrendous book
I have read PLENTY of college level books that are sort of boring but I was still able to get through, but this that I'm reading for AP US cannot even be explained in words how terrible it is. The author basically just took every word and found the most complex, difficult synonym for it, to falsify his intelligence. And let me say, I'm by no means dumb and I could NOT understand this book one bit. It also took me 4 hours to get through 50 pages due to how boring it is.
Relle (10/19/11)

BoringBoringBoringBoringBoring
THE worst book I have read. Excessively repetitive, unnecessarily long, and freakishly difficult to understand. Why do smart people want to look smarter?! My high school brother has a textbook that has the same material...only his book is more interesting to read than this piece of junk!. Pure garbage
Rose (10/04/11)

Founding Brothers
This book is got to be the most awful book I have ever read. I would rather slit my wrists than read the rest of it and I am only on chapter two. Ellis rambles unnecessarily for several pages using bombastic language to finally get to his point in one paragraph. It would be a good book because of the content without the overly sophisticated vocabulary and the trying to "come off as intellectual" attitude.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes