Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

The Revolutionary Generation

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Lizzzzard (08/22/06)

Class resumes tomorrow, I need answers to my Review Questions
Overall I did actually like the book. I don't think I fully satuarated all of the content of the book though, because I cannot come up with receptive answers to my review questions. If you are taking AP US History this book really is insightful, but I don't think it should have been required to read over the summer. All of the other information we had to read had to do with pre-colonial America to mercantlism and the navigation acts. And surprisingly, I cannot wait for class tomorrow, even though I have nothing to look forward to besides a year of... HISTORY. =]
Alex (08/20/06)

Founding Brothers
This book should be taken off the shelves! I found it more interesting to watch the puddle of drool form while I attemted to read this absolutley awful book. I used to be an A.P. student before this book FRIED my brain.
Nick (08/04/06)

Founding Brothers
Stupidest book in the world.
cjm (07/29/06)

Reckless spawn of the devil
My mood has been apathetic since i have attempted to read this horrific novel or whatever you want to call it. I hate this book with a passion and it can burn in the pits of hell for the rest of eternity. I still can't understand the book even with the audio version. It is so overly analytical. I don't suggest this book to anyone who has a life. I still have two chapters to read and I have to a dialectic journals on each chapter, including the preface, and an essay on one of the people this book talks about. And it's due in 3 days. AND my AP US history teacher told us before the last school year was over that we cannot drop the class. I think I'm going to die before this school year even starts.
Robert Bryant (07/29/06)

Pure Hell
This book needs to go to hell and stay there forever and ever.
erica (04/19/06)

Founding Brothers
What the hell Ellis? He is so defensive about Adams and blames Abigail and Jefferson for all his short comings. He forgets that Adams supported the 'bad" decisions. This book was good as far as history content, but you have to remember that Ellis tends to embellish the truth.
Janae Graves (03/06/06)

Founding Brothers
Who actually talks like this! This book is way to hard to comprehend and I'm in pre-ap english. I don't think that older people would even understand this book. But I guess in a way its informative but all in all its a REALLY boring book!!!!
Allen (02/05/06)

I'm in a ninth grade honors US History class. My teacher ,which to top off my situation is my aunt, asinged us to read this book and answer question, write summary's, ect. I think one person in my class has actually been able to finish a whole chapter. This book bores me to sleep, literally. I fell asleep three times in one class period trying to get through one chapter , which i have still yet to do. The man who wrote this book has to much time on his hands. How else could he accomplish to confuse so many people with one book. I mean come on, give us a break, my sister who is in a honors english class in colledge can't even read this book. Its information is good and acurate, but the content was not made for those who have a life. DON'T READ THIS BOOK IT WILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL....

• Book Jacket: Women & Power