Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Oct 2000, 288 pages
    Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

mandi (01/03/11)

boring but has good facts
The book is super boring but it does have a few parts that kinda helped me understand what I was learning in school a little better. Like when he described the duel. But the rest just about put me to sleep with how boring it was I couldn't even finish it. It wasn't the big words or any thing it was just SO boring!!!!
Brianna (12/09/10)

I literally fell asleep reading this book. It's extra boring and most of it doesn't even make sense.
David (11/22/10)

Incredibly boring
This has got to be the most boring, and hard to understand book ever invented. I have to take a quiz on it this week which I will probably fail, because its not even readable. If you ever want to space out anytime, read this book because that is what will happen. Ellis uses words that I didn't even know existed, and there is no way in hell that I'm going to look them all up. If I could give this book a negative 5 out of 5, I would.
Monique (11/18/10)

Seriously, This Book Was Super Duper Boring! I'm Not Even Done With It I Don't Know Why I Was Assigned This Book, I Seriously Fell Asleep Reading It. It Repeats The Same Stuff Over And Over.
J (11/18/10)

I despise this book and author with a passion. Ellis' writing style is not only figuratively, but literally painful to read. His bias is obnoxious, his book is chock full of jargon that does not fit the context, and important elements are missing from the story. If I received one wish, I would wish for a time machine so I could 1) go to the future to know outcomes of races to bet on and 2) go back in time and prevent Joseph Ellis from writing this book in the first place (other reasons are irrelevant, but then again, so my first reason). I recommend this book to all that I dislike greatly. Specifically, Joseph Ellis.
Amanda (11/07/10)

Ok, to all those haters out there... this book is not boring! nor was it difficult to read, in the slightest!! I seriously envy you and your super easy life if you thought this was a boring or difficult read... compared to all my other assigned books, and even self-selected ones this one was a piece of cake. Not only that, but I thought it was amazing. But just because its a book about history (and we all know how the majority of those go zzzz....) Founding Brothers was awesome, and I am seriously in love with the guy who wrote it. Its brilliant. just sayin'... :P
Jake (10/04/10)

This book is not written at the 8th grade level...
I found the book very compelling and inspiring. I am a veteran and a student of history. Though the book was a challenging read, I found it much more enjoyable than most texts written to accommodate students who are lacking in reading skills. You want boring? Try reading Naval engineering manuals. If I do not have to search for the definition of a word in any book I read then it was a waste of my time. I found the chapter "The Friendship" the most inspiring, the story of Jefferson and Adam's friendship overcoming their political differences.
Matt (09/19/10)

This book will give you a very clear definition of boredom. Seriously, reading the Mahabharpta was more enjoyable than this. Forced to read in American Studies 1 Honors. I would rather go to a furry convention than read this book. Do yourself a favor and don't read it unless you have to. Even so, fly through it as fast as you can, it will ease the pain.

• Book Jacket: A Land of Permanent Goodbyes

by Alice Feeney

Win The Balcony

The Balcony
by Jane Delury

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!