Reader reviews and comments on The Red Tent, plus links to write your own review.

The Red Tent

There are currently 51 reader reviews for The Red Tent

t (03/13/02)

wow!
Britt (03/09/02)

Anita Diamant is able to procure an image of Biblical times through a woman's eyes like no other. Her language reads seamlessly, and leaves no point uncovered. This book should not go unread by anyone. A remarkable work of art, and my favorite book!
Anonymous (01/12/02)

After the introductions, which can always be a bit tedious, this book is incredibly engaging.
Ms. Diamonte artfully weaves intimate tales of the men and women of biblical times. But the focus is on the women while the men are only distractions.
Pure and simple relationships portrayed here in the voice of Dinah stirs longing in the reader for passion and connection in one's life.
By the close of the story of Dinah, one is saddened yet satisfied that it has come to the right end.
I was left wondering how the story would have come out had a single event in Dinah's life been different.
Fatima Thompson

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S