MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Red Tent, plus links to write your own review.

The Red Tent

by Anita Diamant

The Red Tent

Sep 1997, 321 pages
    Sep 1998, 321 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for The Red Tent

Glynda Gros (09/23/02)

This is a book that stays with one for a very long time. It is like no other I have every read. I formed an intimate relationship with the women in the book from the very beginning. It is on my list to re-read.
harsh (06/13/02)

impressive
Chris (06/12/02)

This is one book that will be passed on and on - as it has been in my circle of friends. It is a very special book for women - It has such insight and feeling. The Red Tent will be among my favorites and will definitely be read again and again. I thank the author for such a beautiful piece of art.
Shannon River (06/07/02)

My favorite of all the many books I've read in the past five years.
Tiffany (05/28/02)

This book gives us a view into the lives of otherwise historically neglected women.
Irena (05/20/02)

I'm really in this book and I'm trying to find out if somebody translated this book to Czech so I can give it to my mother.
Katie (04/28/02)

I love this book and i don't think it should go unread by any woman. I'm not usually interested in these types of books, but it has become a definant favorite. i have to write a book review on it for global history, and if anybody has any suggestions or comments i would appreciate them.
jackie (04/21/02)

This book was the single best thing i have ever read. I am writing my ENG 101 thesis paper on it...any comments would be wonderful!!

• Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

To win without risk is to triumph without glory

Girl Waits with Gun