Reader reviews and comments on The Red Tent, plus links to write your own review.

The Red Tent

by Anita Diamant

The Red Tent

Sep 1997, 321 pages
    Sep 1998, 321 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for The Red Tent

lana (04/13/04)

This book is a well written, interesting portrayal of the womens perspective in the biblical times. We must remember that this is a novel, never presuming to be factual. We have no written record of what womens lives were like then, so this is as good an idea as any other. If nothing else, this book helps us realize that there are other points of view, and many untold stories out there waiting to be told. I loved the Red Tent.
Stephanie W. (04/07/04)

This book tell a unique story which was challenging to put down. The author uses empathy and certainty to help portray Dinah as a loving and trustworthy character. This book definetly receives my vote and deserves a standing ovation!
Anna (11/24/03)

This book is one of the best I've read. It not only creates a story for one woman in the bible, it gives the reader a peek into the past in a time when we can only imagine what happened. I think that this novel should be read by anyone for inspiration. Also I feel that how Diamant takes one sentence in the bible and creates a whole novel is amazing.
Kristen O. (10/03/03)

HI. I would just like to say that I enjoyed this book. I just couldn't put in down! I thought it was very interseting,and just a really good story.I mean every one knows that jacob had one daughter (and weather it is true or not) was still a good book. I'm not trying to trash anyone eleses opoion but with a title like 'the red tent' and if you read the back it should tell you it wasn't ment for guys. I mean I'm only 13 and I fully understood what was going on. you should totally read it. you wont regret it!!!
Conni C. (08/07/03)

Exactly what emma filtness said above! Wonderful, moving, interseting, page turner, sad it was over. Can't say enough good things about this book. Read it! You won't be sorry.

Conni C.
gloria barkan (06/09/03)

I have just finished Woman At the Well by Dr. Obrey Hendricks, these two books are two of the most insightful, sensative, descriptive and moving books on women in the bible I have ever read. I read, I pray, I study. The Red Tent is really a 10 +
Jo (06/05/03)

EXCELLENT! Well written...descriptive account of women's lives that transcends history and erases the distance of time. Universal knowledge from BC to AD. A book I recommended to my daughter and granddaughter.
this guy (04/27/03)

pretty good, even from a man's perspective. it definitely gives some interesting interpretations of biblical passages. worth your time if you like to read.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

There is no science without fancy and no art without fact

The Big Holiday Wordplay: