Reader reviews and comments on The Red Tent, plus links to write your own review.

The Red Tent

by Anita Diamant

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant X
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

Sep 1997, 321 pages
    Sep 1998, 321 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for The Red Tent

Clair (01/09/05)

This book was great! I am currently doing a book report on it for school, in my Sophomore English class. I hope the mature topics of this book will not scare off my peers!
Tisha (12/22/04)

This was a wonderful book. I dint want to put it down, the story just grabs you and pulls you in till the end. Its a remarkable story that you will want to read over and over. It is not hard to imagine that this story actually took place.
Rosemary (11/23/04)

This story painted the picture that only women are wise. That Almighty God was worshipped only by men and was equal to all the other Gods; Gods made with human hands. That pagan men were wise and caring, while Jewish men were bumbling, stupid and barbaric. It is presented as fiction, but includes enough facts to make it appear as truth. The book, in my opinion, serves anti-semitism.
Olivia (11/02/04)

I had a hard time putting this one down. It was so neat to see a different perspective on the story of Dinah. It is so unlike the story in the Bible, yet you can still believe that it might be true. I would never have been able to think of a bible story as so romantic and interesting. Anita Diamante is a very talented writer.
theGoddessIsWatching (10/26/04)

The Red Tent blew me away. This passionate love story is an amazing read for people of all ages. At the age of thirteen it is great to know that they are books out there empowering women. The intense description of the book gave me a clear visual of what a women's likfe was like in that time period. Diamant's use of words painted a vivid picture in my mind and I could almost smell and taste everything she described. Whether you are looking for a book on mother/daughter relationships, relationships between siblings, or simply a self empowering story The Red Tent is a book you should defintely read.
Cathy (09/15/04)

I loved it, I wish there were more books like this. Even though this was fiction, I felt like the story had lots of truth.
another guy (08/27/04)

unless you are a women or an OB-GYN you will probably have a tough time getting through this book. way too much information for most guys ...
wzdmsekr (08/26/04)

I loved this book. I am the mother of three children (all girls). I could not put it down. It left me rejoicing in my life as a woman, mother and wife. There were points in this book where I found myself weeping. I just passed it on to a friend. I hope she enjoys it as much as I. This is a must read.

• Book Jacket: Winter