Reader reviews and comments on The Austere Academy, plus links to write your own review.

The Austere Academy

Apr 2008, 240 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for The Austere Academy

cheercrazy (10/20/03)

it is great read it!
Angela M. Brown (07/09/03)

I think it is a good book, but not as good as the Reptile Room. because of Carmelita Spats; she is a highly stereotypical person. If I were to meet her I would show her what a cakesniffer is! For anyone who has seen what Count Olaf looks like, he looks like Snape. Too much of a connection since Lemony Snicket wanted Alan Rickman to play Count Olaf in the upcoming movie. But since Rockman is playing Snape, could there be a connnection? Actually, Count Olkaf also looks slightly like Quirrell. Hmmm.....
#1 Fan (06/19/03)

Perfect Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Jenny (06/17/03)

I have read the entire series and it rocks! I can't wait until September when The Slippery Slope comes out. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but sice I've read Lemony Snicket, i haen't had much time for Harry. I have to say this book was one of his better, and after The Miserable Mill, I have to say it is for the better.

With all due respect,

Jenny S. age 13

P.S. Pick up The Unauthorized Autobiography-it answer alot of questions. It was really good, though a little confusing.
Sean (06/17/03)

I liked The Austere Academy because it's the first book the Baudelaires have people around them their own age. It has nice and unpleasant, but funny charecters. It was a really good book.
milena (04/10/03)

i read all his books over 3 times and each time i read them i love them even more!
serg (04/10/03)

When i started reading this series of books, i couldnt get my head off it. Even when i was watching a soccer match in the stadium, which i like, i cant wait until the slippery slope.
Stu (02/06/03)

This book is good. But the others in the series are a bit better.

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.