MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Austere Academy, plus links to write your own review.

The Austere Academy

Apr 2008, 240 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for The Austere Academy

cheercrazy (10/20/03)

it is great read it!
Angela M. Brown (07/09/03)

I think it is a good book, but not as good as the Reptile Room. because of Carmelita Spats; she is a highly stereotypical person. If I were to meet her I would show her what a cakesniffer is! For anyone who has seen what Count Olaf looks like, he looks like Snape. Too much of a connection since Lemony Snicket wanted Alan Rickman to play Count Olaf in the upcoming movie. But since Rockman is playing Snape, could there be a connnection? Actually, Count Olkaf also looks slightly like Quirrell. Hmmm.....
#1 Fan (06/19/03)

Perfect Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Jenny (06/17/03)

I have read the entire series and it rocks! I can't wait until September when The Slippery Slope comes out. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but sice I've read Lemony Snicket, i haen't had much time for Harry. I have to say this book was one of his better, and after The Miserable Mill, I have to say it is for the better.

With all due respect,

Jenny S. age 13

P.S. Pick up The Unauthorized Autobiography-it answer alot of questions. It was really good, though a little confusing.
Sean (06/17/03)

I liked The Austere Academy because it's the first book the Baudelaires have people around them their own age. It has nice and unpleasant, but funny charecters. It was a really good book.
milena (04/10/03)

i read all his books over 3 times and each time i read them i love them even more!
serg (04/10/03)

When i started reading this series of books, i couldnt get my head off it. Even when i was watching a soccer match in the stadium, which i like, i cant wait until the slippery slope.
Stu (02/06/03)

This book is good. But the others in the series are a bit better.

• Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T