MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Austere Academy, plus links to write your own review.

The Austere Academy

Apr 2008, 240 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for The Austere Academy

cheercrazy (10/20/03)

it is great read it!
Angela M. Brown (07/09/03)

I think it is a good book, but not as good as the Reptile Room. because of Carmelita Spats; she is a highly stereotypical person. If I were to meet her I would show her what a cakesniffer is! For anyone who has seen what Count Olaf looks like, he looks like Snape. Too much of a connection since Lemony Snicket wanted Alan Rickman to play Count Olaf in the upcoming movie. But since Rockman is playing Snape, could there be a connnection? Actually, Count Olkaf also looks slightly like Quirrell. Hmmm.....
#1 Fan (06/19/03)

Perfect Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Jenny (06/17/03)

I have read the entire series and it rocks! I can't wait until September when The Slippery Slope comes out. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but sice I've read Lemony Snicket, i haen't had much time for Harry. I have to say this book was one of his better, and after The Miserable Mill, I have to say it is for the better.

With all due respect,

Jenny S. age 13

P.S. Pick up The Unauthorized Autobiography-it answer alot of questions. It was really good, though a little confusing.
Sean (06/17/03)

I liked The Austere Academy because it's the first book the Baudelaires have people around them their own age. It has nice and unpleasant, but funny charecters. It was a really good book.
milena (04/10/03)

i read all his books over 3 times and each time i read them i love them even more!
serg (04/10/03)

When i started reading this series of books, i couldnt get my head off it. Even when i was watching a soccer match in the stadium, which i like, i cant wait until the slippery slope.
Stu (02/06/03)

This book is good. But the others in the series are a bit better.

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun