Reader reviews and comments on The Austere Academy, plus links to write your own review.

The Austere Academy

Aug 2000, 208 pages
    Apr 2008, 240 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for The Austere Academy

peter (01/01/05)

This book was great i loved reading it. if you haven't read this book you don't know what your missing out on!!!!!!!!!!!!
ashley g (12/15/04)

this book was good but i dont like how they dont tell you wat the initals are at the end of the book!

i think it i s sad that they get the one little happiness since the fire taken away form them. Why did coant olaf take the note book. i wanted to know wat was in it!!! i love the baudalaire's the series is amazing!! way better than harry potter(even thogh i read them too)!!!!!!!!!!
Bri (12/09/04)

This book was WONDERFUL!! It was beautifully decorated and it was very well detailed!
Maddy (11/28/04)

I loved this book the ending just got you so caught up in all the action.I would recromend this book this book to people that dont even like the series. Why? 'Cause this one is a step up from the others. My name is Maddy and I'm ten and I'll read these books over and over even if Im 30!
Andrea (11/27/04)

This book was very interesting and kept me wanting to read it. I couldn't believe that the characters were actually treated this way. I would never be able to live that way. They are very strong and very intelligent. This book was cliff hanger and I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I am 11 years old. I have been reading these books since I was 9. However, I am a triplet and my brother and sister do not share my interest in the series.
Kaara Reel (11/18/04)

This book was great!I couldn't believe that Count Olaf found them!(And then took their only friends away, well actally i can.)It just keeps you guessing, wich wants me to just keep reading and never stop!
ALEXIS (11/16/04)

I think it's a really cool book. I have read 1-5. I plan to read them all!
kennedy (11/05/04)

i think it is cool because i like the part when Sunny hit the crows eye and it was a switch and the beak of the crow opened. Duncan and esedora came out of the beak because the were captured by Count olaf.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund