Reader reviews and comments on The Austere Academy, plus links to write your own review.

The Austere Academy

Aug 2000, 208 pages
    Apr 2008, 240 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for The Austere Academy

peter (01/01/05)

This book was great i loved reading it. if you haven't read this book you don't know what your missing out on!!!!!!!!!!!!
ashley g (12/15/04)

this book was good but i dont like how they dont tell you wat the initals are at the end of the book!

i think it i s sad that they get the one little happiness since the fire taken away form them. Why did coant olaf take the note book. i wanted to know wat was in it!!! i love the baudalaire's the series is amazing!! way better than harry potter(even thogh i read them too)!!!!!!!!!!
Bri (12/09/04)

This book was WONDERFUL!! It was beautifully decorated and it was very well detailed!
Maddy (11/28/04)

I loved this book the ending just got you so caught up in all the action.I would recromend this book this book to people that dont even like the series. Why? 'Cause this one is a step up from the others. My name is Maddy and I'm ten and I'll read these books over and over even if Im 30!
Andrea (11/27/04)

This book was very interesting and kept me wanting to read it. I couldn't believe that the characters were actually treated this way. I would never be able to live that way. They are very strong and very intelligent. This book was cliff hanger and I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I am 11 years old. I have been reading these books since I was 9. However, I am a triplet and my brother and sister do not share my interest in the series.
Kaara Reel (11/18/04)

This book was great!I couldn't believe that Count Olaf found them!(And then took their only friends away, well actally i can.)It just keeps you guessing, wich wants me to just keep reading and never stop!
ALEXIS (11/16/04)

I think it's a really cool book. I have read 1-5. I plan to read them all!
kennedy (11/05/04)

i think it is cool because i like the part when Sunny hit the crows eye and it was a switch and the beak of the crow opened. Duncan and esedora came out of the beak because the were captured by Count olaf.

• Book Jacket: The Magnificent Esme Wells
    The Magnificent Esme Wells
    by Adrienne Sharp
    Esme Wells was not made to sit back and wait for her destiny. She was made to be magnificent. With ...
  • Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas--a place ...

I Wouldn't T H W A T-F P