MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Austere Academy, plus links to write your own review.

The Austere Academy

Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 5

by Lemony Snicket

The Austere Academy

Aug 2000, 208 pages
    Apr 2008, 240 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for The Austere Academy

peter (01/01/05)

This book was great i loved reading it. if you haven't read this book you don't know what your missing out on!!!!!!!!!!!!
ashley g (12/15/04)

this book was good but i dont like how they dont tell you wat the initals are at the end of the book!

i think it i s sad that they get the one little happiness since the fire taken away form them. Why did coant olaf take the note book. i wanted to know wat was in it!!! i love the baudalaire's the series is amazing!! way better than harry potter(even thogh i read them too)!!!!!!!!!!
Bri (12/09/04)

This book was WONDERFUL!! It was beautifully decorated and it was very well detailed!
Maddy (11/28/04)

I loved this book the ending just got you so caught up in all the action.I would recromend this book this book to people that dont even like the series. Why? 'Cause this one is a step up from the others. My name is Maddy and I'm ten and I'll read these books over and over even if Im 30!
Andrea (11/27/04)

This book was very interesting and kept me wanting to read it. I couldn't believe that the characters were actually treated this way. I would never be able to live that way. They are very strong and very intelligent. This book was cliff hanger and I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I am 11 years old. I have been reading these books since I was 9. However, I am a triplet and my brother and sister do not share my interest in the series.
Kaara Reel (11/18/04)

This book was great!I couldn't believe that Count Olaf found them!(And then took their only friends away, well actally i can.)It just keeps you guessing, wich wants me to just keep reading and never stop!
ALEXIS (11/16/04)

I think it's a really cool book. I have read 1-5. I plan to read them all!
kennedy (11/05/04)

i think it is cool because i like the part when Sunny hit the crows eye and it was a switch and the beak of the crow opened. Duncan and esedora came out of the beak because the were captured by Count olaf.

• Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q