Reader reviews and comments on Bud, Not Buddy, plus links to write your own review.

Bud, Not Buddy

There are currently 53 reader reviews for Bud, Not Buddy

Maggie (01/11/04)

Its good.
Morgan (08/20/03)

I loved this book because it inspired me, as well as some of my friends, to follow our dreams! It was excitfull and sometimes the book even had me in tottal shock! This is a book that I could read over and over again, whitch I do not say a lot! Bud, Not Buddy was a heart warming story and once you read it , it will fill your heart with joy. I don't want to sound sappy but this book is truly a great experience! Ask yuorself, How could I not want to read Bud, Not buddy? Most people who have read this will agree that this is a book you have to read! Thank you for at least taking into consideration Bud, Not Buddy, whitch I think is a must read!
michelle (04/23/03)

This book was a really good read. The author captured the characters' feelings with sensitivity and humor. I reread this twice and listened to the audiobook. I hope there will be a sequel; Bud is a keeper!
Anonymous (04/08/03)

I listened to the audiobook for Bud, Not Buddy while making an eight hour drive to Arkansas in January. I teach sixth grade reading, so I was hearing it to decide whether it would be good for my students. Yes, yes, yes. I found it most engrossing and I hated to have to stop for a necessary break because the story was so interesting at that point. This author has a good point of view for my age group. I read The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963 to my classes (both on the audiotape and individually) for the last two years. I am glad he wrote this story because I can now have an author study. I would recommend Mr. Curtis' books for their reality and honesty in portraying this particular culture and time period. My students who have claimed that most books for this age are boring asked to take them home so that they would know the plot ahead of time. An additional plus: I have had several stolen!
Danielle (01/06/03)

this book is pretty good!
Jacky Chain (12/10/02)

The best American book i read.
saumara (12/09/02)

it was alright
cathleen my sn is im me (09/03/02)

bud not buddy is ok

So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.