Reader reviews and comments on The Rescue, plus links to write your own review.

by Nicholas Sparks

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks X
The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks

Sep 2000, 352 pages
    Aug 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 60 reader reviews for The Rescue

hannah barlow (12/12/16)

Another Great Nicholas Sparks!
Nicholas Sparks is most commonly known for his more popular books that have since been turned into hit movies in the past few years, such as The Notebook, Dear John, and The Vow. But I believe “The Rescue” was one of his books that has been overlooked. The typical love story that consumes every word in his novels has been thrown aside and a different type of love comes to light through the book. If you are looking for the passionate love story that Nicholas Sparks usually brings to us, then this is not the book for you. Instead it focuses on the bond between single mother and young son and the love story comes second.

I really enjoyed this refreshing change in convention of Nicholas Spark’s work, but on the negative, the story did seem to drag on at times. Some chapters would seem meaningless and I would sense a lot of repetition, but do not give up on it! Keep reading and the story does progress. In short, if you are looking for a less lovey-dovey, fantasy love story that Nicholas Sparks is known for, than you will not like this book. But, if you are the opposite and looking for a more realistic love story than this is the book for you. I think Sparks did a really good job on this one and deserves just as much praise as his more common ones that have been turned into movies.
Kristen (07/05/11)

Glued to your hands
As goal oriented as I am, I'm not the kind of person that would take a whole entire day to read a book. To be honest, besides school I never once read more than 100 pages in a day...to my surprise (and my family's) I never dropped the book. As I was sitting on the couch for 10 hours straight reading from beginning to end. It was that amazing...I feel like reading the whole book was an accomplishment yet at the same time it taught me so much in one day. This will take hold of the grip you have on this incredible book that takes you on a journey and keeps you on the edge almost the whole time.
Audrey (03/25/11)

The Rescue - Heartwarming Book
I too read this book in two days. I absolutely loved it, and identified with all the aspects of their relationship - the falling in love, the heartbreak. Also the relationship between Kyle the young boy and his mum made me cry. Thoroughly recommend the book and its author.
Claire (02/21/11)

Amazing!
This book is so heartwrenching. It is one of Sparks' best. I cried, laughed and smiled throughout the entire text. I could not put it down. Read this and all Nicholas Sparks books.
juicebox (02/20/11)

The Rescue
One of Sparks' best. I love this book! :)
a fan of his (12/18/10)

don't judge a book by its title
The people who haven't read much of books can never know how REAL his stories seem..and how touched you feel once you keep down the book. This book touched my heart like every other Nicholas Sparks books..I'm in love with him now!
Raelyn (08/12/10)

Best Yet!!!
The Rescue...what do I say???? My Favorite yet...Would love if it became a movie!!!!
Lola (08/02/10)

The Rescue
I've read a few of Nicholas Sparks' novels now. The Rescue is not one of his best. I admit that the story was okay, I found a lot of the characters' dialogue silly and useless. Sometimes less is more.

• Book Jacket: How to Stop Time
    How to Stop Time
    by Matt Haig
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May
  • Book Jacket: The Friend
    The Friend
    by Sigrid Nunez
    Sigrid Nunez is one of the most underrated authors writing today. Her work is so lovely, so ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P