Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

by Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli X
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Aug 2000, 176 pages
    May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 419 reader reviews for Stargirl

Noelle Zeiser (09/15/16)

outstanding!!!
This book is amazing to teen readers because it deals with school problems and how to face them. It's overall an inspiration to teens to keep you head up and always smile!!
Bella (03/26/15)

Stargirl is an amazing book! I give it 5 stars
girlktt (09/16/12)

awesome!!!
It was a really good book. Whoever said it was a bad book is mean!
Anna (08/28/12)

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely hated this book... too confusing!!!!
Hannah (05/20/12)

It was an awful book
I didn't think the book was very good. I wasn't very well written. It seems like the author was trying too hard to sound poetic, but it ended up getting annoying. I also don't think it's very realistic. At one point, Leo walked two miles to Startirl's house, but in reality, no one would do that. Especially since that was before they were dating. And, no girl would act like Stargirl does. And even if there was a Stargirl, people in such a conformed school would give into her way so quickly. They would shun her from the very beginning. I personally wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Ever.
Noura Yousuf (12/25/11)

stargirl
I really love this book. Everyday I read this book.
nea (09/20/10)

Stargirl
This book was cool. Keith said no it wasn't good, but I disagree with his opinion Stargirl is a very down-to-earth and don't-care-what-other-people-think type of girl.
cindy (09/05/10)

loved it!!
I read Star Girl with my son, whom I homelearn. He was concerned it would be a "girly" book. With each page I turned we both learned more and more about life, love and relationships. This is my all time favorite book. I can relate to StarGirl Caraway. Please read this book, its a winner.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Salt Houses by Hala Alyan

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S