Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

by Jerry Spinelli

Aug 2000, 176 pages
    May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 419 reader reviews for Stargirl

marisa (06/05/08)

star girl
I thought the book was good. but i wasn't like omg i love this book. but i didn't hate it. my opinion of the setting was that the description of each on was real good because the kids in my class all got similar visions on the setting. i liked the characters.
DC (06/05/08)

Stargirl Inspires
I loved this story! The characters were believable and endearing. The plot was interesting; I was really interested in how it was going to end up. I liked Leo. I could relate to him. He was trying to be his own person but it was really hard for him. Stargirl was very inspiring. She did whatever she felt in her heart. I would definitely recommend this book.
bobaline (01/27/08)

ify
Well the Manic Magee book I did not like, but this one was very good because it showed that if people are different they are still loved and cared by someone special.
diamondtoneharp (11/08/07)

SUPER Stargirl
Stargirl is a very well written book about trying to "fit-in" Stargirl herself makes alot of friends and enemies wherever she goes and she is very brave to stand up for others... A FANTASTIC BOOK!
Julia (10/28/07)

I LOVE THIS BOOK ! ! ! <3
This book was amazing. everybody else that said this book bored them is weird because it didn't bore me at all. and at the end of the book I had like goosebumps on my arm :|

SO READ THE BOOK ! ... 'cause its really good =)
Anna C. (10/28/07)

SO GOOD!!!
I really liked this book. I liked the way the high school changed once they got to know StarGirl. She is amazing. This book is about being yourself.
Way to go Jerry Spinelli!
Ashley (09/29/07)

Stargirl
Stargirl was a good book... IN THE BEGINING. When I read that part about the "peanut butter" I was so turned off. And at the ball where Stargirl kisses Hilari that was freaking gay. I stopped reading after that.
lbg44 (08/31/07)

Alot to comprehend
This book was really weird. I only read it because it was on my summer reading list. The polt was simple, the characters were boring, and the text was repeated may times through out the book. At times I wanted to see want was going to happen next but other parts were almost never ending. I feel that the book carries out a good message if you don't give up on it after the first few chapters. More kids should read this book for the moral. I guarantee you it will make you think a little bit more about your life and how considerate you are of others. I think the moral of this story is to be yourself and not judge people so harshly, get to know that person before you make judgments that you might regret in the end.

• Book Jacket: Harmony

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review