Reader reviews and comments on Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages
    Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 200 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Elaine Mero (11/25/07)

Ella Enchanted Review
This book is really good. As a 6th grader that does not like to read, this book is fantastic.I feel like reading this book over and over again. I am planing to read all your books. Thank you for making reading fun for me Gail Carson Levine!
Brianna (02/06/07)

this book is the best book ever
I recommend this book to any body who enjoys fantasy and romance. I loved Lucinda and how the author, Gail Carson Levine thinks about Lucinda like how she smelled of lilacs. This author writes excellent books I also loved how she explained Char. He was really interesting and I love how the author makes Ella sound . This book is awesome.
mememe (06/04/05)

Ella Enchanted
this book is awesome! i love this book, i can keep reading it forever! i love the story of it...it is interesting, and fun to read.. i love the characters and the prince char is so sweet! this is such an awesome book that i cant stop thinking of it..too bad it isnt extra long!!
THIS BOOK IS MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!! they messed up the story in the movie, i liked the book much much much better! this is my favorite book! this is one of the best books i have ever read!
Lyle Perez (05/10/05)

Ella Enchanted
I love this book. There are very few books in the world that I enjoy. This is one of those few books. Ella Enchanted is filled with thrilling cliff hangers that you just have to keep reading to find out what happens next. My reading teacher, Donna Washburne, loves to leave us with theses cliff hangers at the end of class each day. She liked it so much that she even writes to Gail Levine. If I could, I would do the very same but I have no idea what her address is or anything. I would love to read more books by this author but I want to finish Ella Enchanted first. In fact, I'm thinking of starting to write my own book. Maybe I'm a little young because I'm only 13 but my head is full of ideas that I can't wait to write down. I also write my own peoms and one of them even got published. I know I sound like some kind of artsy, boring, reading freak, but believe me, there's a whole lot more to me than that. This kind of stuff is just a small portion that makes up me!
kristi (05/03/05)

loved it
Ok first of all I loved!!! the book. I am 15 years old and I have a 10 year old brother that realy loved the book as well. I thouth the author did a great job of puting a new twist on an old story. You should diffently read this book.
Liz (01/28/05)

I am fourteen and I read this book when I was nine (and what attracted me to it in the first place was that the girl on the cover resembled my sister - then of course I read the summary and just had to get it). I started reading it in the mall while my mom shopped and I was so engrossed I just couldn't stop. The characters are so real and likeable (or, as in the stepfamily and Ella's father's case, unlikeable). It is a version of Cinderella so much better than the original. The dialogue is witty and cute, the characters wonderful (I love Mandy and Char), and when Ella is sad or happy you feel the emotions right along with her. The Harry Potter series and Ella Enchanted are my favorite books of all time! In fact, my copy of Ella Enchanted looks far older than it is - after so many rereadings the binding has fallen apart and the pages are coming out (I reread it at least once a year). The movie isn't anything like it and as a result isn't half as good. You must read this book!
khtdfghdjgfde (01/25/05)

This book was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like my favorite Book EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
sam (01/05/05)

greatbooktrie to read it iin day it was so good

<< po >>

The Bones of Grace
    by Tahmima Anam

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko