Reader reviews and comments on In the Heart of the Sea, plus links to write your own review.

In the Heart of the Sea

There are currently 16 reader reviews for In the Heart of the Sea

Miranda (12/11/04)

Graphic and amazing
Amanda V (12/08/04)

I chose to read this book for an assignment for my AP US History class and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. Some of my friends read this book a couple of years ago in their 8th grade US History class and told me how great it was, so I thought that I would take a chance on it. I loved it and now am even more intruiged to read Moby Dick because I don't know how that story could be any more interesting and exciting as fiction than it is as nonfiction.
Keven (10/16/04)

It is a good book to understand American culuture,even human nature, it is not only a historic story, but a reflection of current world. Is that whale just a whale ? He is a hero.

Alice (09/09/04)

This book starts off kind of slow but realy picks up in the middle and is on fire by the end, youll be asking yourself "Is there a sequel?"
Susan (03/24/04)

I loved this book! It's a great true story,and it offers insight into a place, time and industry that I knew very little about.
Sarah (01/22/04)

This book was not only insightful as to some of the nature of cannibalism, but it also gives insight into the hard life that these men had to endure as sailors.
andrea b. (01/14/04)

I really enjoyed this book and it had a great plot aswell as great characters and details...i recommend this book to people of all ages.It's GREAT!!!
Vikki (04/27/03)

I read this book after I saw it at Virgin Records. It is so cool and full of action.

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund