Reader reviews and comments on Anil's Ghost, plus links to write your own review.

Anil's Ghost

by Michael Ondaatje

Anil's Ghost

May 2000, 320 pages
    Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Anil's Ghost

Anonymous (07/15/01)

Joan Hake
This book accomplished what all good literature must do; it changed my perceptions of the world I live in. I knew virtually nothing about the civil wars raging in Sri Lanka, or about the terrible atrocities that have occurred there in the past 15-20 years, and continue to this day. In addition, the insights into the hearts and minds of the characters touched me to my very core. I wept at the conclusion of the novel. It is a perfectly realized novel, weaving facts, fiction, mythology and science into a complete and completely satisfying reading experience.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

The only completely consistent people are the dead

The Big Holiday Wordplay: