Reader reviews and comments on Anil's Ghost, plus links to write your own review.

Anil's Ghost

Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Anil's Ghost

Anonymous (07/15/01)

Joan Hake
This book accomplished what all good literature must do; it changed my perceptions of the world I live in. I knew virtually nothing about the civil wars raging in Sri Lanka, or about the terrible atrocities that have occurred there in the past 15-20 years, and continue to this day. In addition, the insights into the hearts and minds of the characters touched me to my very core. I wept at the conclusion of the novel. It is a perfectly realized novel, weaving facts, fiction, mythology and science into a complete and completely satisfying reading experience.

• Book Jacket: Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions
    The Girls in the Picture
    by Melanie Benjamin

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony