Reader reviews and comments on Anil's Ghost, plus links to write your own review.

Anil's Ghost

by Michael Ondaatje

Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje

May 2000, 320 pages
    Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Anil's Ghost

SNM (12/03/04)

The story in the book was good, in fact I loved the story. But saddly the writing sucked. The book jump all over the place, for the past to the prestent, and then back agian. There was too much going on that did not add to the story but was there to simple take up space and pages.

uvie (07/02/03)

you may not love the book for its story, but you will for the way ondaatje describes things and characters. it's plain genius. this alone gets you to the end of the book, and the end is...whoa!
Funker (05/13/03)

Yes - this book jumps around a lot. However, when you finish it, you're mind will be astonihed at the complexity and intelligence of the novel. If you don't like this book, it's because you don't understand it.
Eric (05/10/03)

Wow. I have to say that it is slow, and does jump around alot, but it was amazing. I had a hard time keeping track of the characters and places, but the ending is powerful and moving. For anyone that can manage his style, I would absolutely recommend this book.
stainz (03/10/03)

this book is crazy, it jumps all over the place, but the dept of the story is amazing. There is so much detail about everything and the more i read the more it blew my mind!
Jordan (03/02/03)

this book jumps all over the place. nothing makes sense, right when I think I understand whats going on, the book changes time. this boock it by far one of the worst I have ever read!
sabina hall (12/11/02)

This book was slow, pedantic and thoroughly boring.
Pete Garnum (12/01/02)

This book was awful.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Y S M B, I'll S Y