Reader reviews and comments on Anil's Ghost, plus links to write your own review.

Anil's Ghost

by Michael Ondaatje

Anil's Ghost

May 2000, 320 pages
    Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Anil's Ghost

SNM (12/03/04)

The story in the book was good, in fact I loved the story. But saddly the writing sucked. The book jump all over the place, for the past to the prestent, and then back agian. There was too much going on that did not add to the story but was there to simple take up space and pages.

uvie (07/02/03)

you may not love the book for its story, but you will for the way ondaatje describes things and characters. it's plain genius. this alone gets you to the end of the book, and the end is...whoa!
Funker (05/13/03)

Yes - this book jumps around a lot. However, when you finish it, you're mind will be astonihed at the complexity and intelligence of the novel. If you don't like this book, it's because you don't understand it.
Eric (05/10/03)

Wow. I have to say that it is slow, and does jump around alot, but it was amazing. I had a hard time keeping track of the characters and places, but the ending is powerful and moving. For anyone that can manage his style, I would absolutely recommend this book.
stainz (03/10/03)

this book is crazy, it jumps all over the place, but the dept of the story is amazing. There is so much detail about everything and the more i read the more it blew my mind!
Jordan (03/02/03)

this book jumps all over the place. nothing makes sense, right when I think I understand whats going on, the book changes time. this boock it by far one of the worst I have ever read!
sabina hall (12/11/02)

This book was slow, pedantic and thoroughly boring.
Pete Garnum (12/01/02)

Commonwealth
    by Ann Patchett

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review