MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Anil's Ghost, plus links to write your own review.

Anil's Ghost

by Michael Ondaatje

Anil's Ghost

May 2000, 320 pages
    Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Anil's Ghost

SNM (12/03/04)

The story in the book was good, in fact I loved the story. But saddly the writing sucked. The book jump all over the place, for the past to the prestent, and then back agian. There was too much going on that did not add to the story but was there to simple take up space and pages.

uvie (07/02/03)

you may not love the book for its story, but you will for the way ondaatje describes things and characters. it's plain genius. this alone gets you to the end of the book, and the end is...whoa!
Funker (05/13/03)

Yes - this book jumps around a lot. However, when you finish it, you're mind will be astonihed at the complexity and intelligence of the novel. If you don't like this book, it's because you don't understand it.
Eric (05/10/03)

Wow. I have to say that it is slow, and does jump around alot, but it was amazing. I had a hard time keeping track of the characters and places, but the ending is powerful and moving. For anyone that can manage his style, I would absolutely recommend this book.
stainz (03/10/03)

this book is crazy, it jumps all over the place, but the dept of the story is amazing. There is so much detail about everything and the more i read the more it blew my mind!
Jordan (03/02/03)

this book jumps all over the place. nothing makes sense, right when I think I understand whats going on, the book changes time. this boock it by far one of the worst I have ever read!
sabina hall (12/11/02)

This book was slow, pedantic and thoroughly boring.
Pete Garnum (12/01/02)

This book was awful.

The Lost Child
    by Caryl Phillips
    The Lost Child is a modern novel constructed within a historical frame, invoking one of the most ...
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Bad Country
    by CB McKenzie
    If author CB McKenzie's decidedly noir debut novel Bad Country were chocolate, it would be at ...

If I Forget You
    by Thomas Christopher Greene

A haunting tale of lost love from the critically acclaimed author of The Headmaster's Wife.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win The Charmers

The Charmers by Elizabeth Adler

"This tale of romantic suspense makes the perfect beach read."
—Library Journal