MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Anil's Ghost, plus links to write your own review.

Anil's Ghost

by Michael Ondaatje

Anil's Ghost

May 2000, 320 pages
    Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Anil's Ghost

SNM (12/03/04)

The story in the book was good, in fact I loved the story. But saddly the writing sucked. The book jump all over the place, for the past to the prestent, and then back agian. There was too much going on that did not add to the story but was there to simple take up space and pages.

uvie (07/02/03)

you may not love the book for its story, but you will for the way ondaatje describes things and characters. it's plain genius. this alone gets you to the end of the book, and the end is...whoa!
Funker (05/13/03)

Yes - this book jumps around a lot. However, when you finish it, you're mind will be astonihed at the complexity and intelligence of the novel. If you don't like this book, it's because you don't understand it.
Eric (05/10/03)

Wow. I have to say that it is slow, and does jump around alot, but it was amazing. I had a hard time keeping track of the characters and places, but the ending is powerful and moving. For anyone that can manage his style, I would absolutely recommend this book.
stainz (03/10/03)

this book is crazy, it jumps all over the place, but the dept of the story is amazing. There is so much detail about everything and the more i read the more it blew my mind!
Jordan (03/02/03)

this book jumps all over the place. nothing makes sense, right when I think I understand whats going on, the book changes time. this boock it by far one of the worst I have ever read!
sabina hall (12/11/02)

This book was slow, pedantic and thoroughly boring.
Pete Garnum (12/01/02)

This book was awful.

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T