Reader reviews and comments on Flags of Our Fathers, plus links to write your own review.

Flags of Our Fathers

by James Bradley, Ron Powers

Flags of Our Fathers

May 2000, 400 pages
    Oct 2001, 384 pages

There are currently 31 reader reviews for Flags of Our Fathers

Katie (10/25/04)

I'm in my third year of college, and have read many "boring" novels thus far. This book is not only emotionally captivating, but is written in a style which makes it easy to comprehend. If you don't know anything about the Japanese envolvement with WWII, this book would be an excellent and intriguing start for you!
kayenzee (10/14/04)

I am 26 yrs. old female from Guam. I read this book for a school writing assignment. This is a very good book to read and was very well-written. The author did an excellent job in making each character come alive. I feel like I know each of them personally. This is also very educational and it certainly helped me learn more about World War II and its significance in the Pacific.
Sarah K. (05/23/04)

Great Captivating Book. Couldn't put it down.
Author demonstrates complete knowledge, and
compassion for the subject - Iwo Jima.
Ryan (05/06/03)

The most excellerating book i have ever read.
Sarah (03/17/03)

This was one of the best books I have ever read. I am only sixteen years old, but I have had a love for history since the day I was born. World War Two is my favorite subject, partly because I have wonderful grandparents who tell me about how it was to live in their generation. This is a book that spans generations and shows kids like me that our grandparents took place in one of the most remarkable events in United States history.
Eugene Kinyon (03/02/03)

I started reading this book, like I have the hundreds of other books I have read. Unaffected, And more times than a few, had ended the books the same way. Unaffected. The flags of our fathers left me feeling as if I had lost my own father. I`m sure this book, this biography will stay with me a long time.
Brandon (02/10/03)

I have read this book several times in the last few years and i now know more about Iwo Jima than I ever have. This book is the kind atht when you close your eyes you can picture what really went on.
Paul P. Lazovick (11/03/02)

I've re read the Flags of Our fathers, several times, as it brought back many memories for me. As I served at Iwo Jima, and was there at the time the flag was raised. Like Mr. Bradley's Dad, I too was a Corpman in the Navy. The book is by far the best book written about the times and battles of the war. I think all of this genration should read it.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

A book may be compared to your neighbor...

The Big Holiday Wordplay: