Reader reviews and comments on Flags of Our Fathers, plus links to write your own review.

Flags of Our Fathers

by Ron Powers, James Bradley

Flags of Our Fathers by Ron Powers, James Bradley X
Flags of Our Fathers by Ron Powers, James Bradley

May 2000, 400 pages
    Oct 2001, 384 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for Flags of Our Fathers

Donna (01/14/05)

This emotionally powerful and chock-full-of-information book is hard to put down. Even though I (a proud Military Brat) consider myself a WWII and VietNam history buff, I learned ever so much about the battle for Iwo. My gifted 5th year students are studying a unit on World War II, and I am reading the book to them a few minutes at a time twice a week - they LOVE it ! God Bless our men and women in uniform then, now, and in the future.

<< When you go home Tell them for us and say For your tomrrow We gave our today >>

Katie (10/25/04)

I'm in my third year of college, and have read many "boring" novels thus far. This book is not only emotionally captivating, but is written in a style which makes it easy to comprehend. If you don't know anything about the Japanese envolvement with WWII, this book would be an excellent and intriguing start for you!
kayenzee (10/14/04)

I am 26 yrs. old female from Guam. I read this book for a school writing assignment. This is a very good book to read and was very well-written. The author did an excellent job in making each character come alive. I feel like I know each of them personally. This is also very educational and it certainly helped me learn more about World War II and its significance in the Pacific.
Sarah K. (05/23/04)

Great Captivating Book. Couldn't put it down.
Author demonstrates complete knowledge, and
compassion for the subject - Iwo Jima.
Ryan (05/06/03)

The most excellerating book i have ever read.
Sarah (03/17/03)

This was one of the best books I have ever read. I am only sixteen years old, but I have had a love for history since the day I was born. World War Two is my favorite subject, partly because I have wonderful grandparents who tell me about how it was to live in their generation. This is a book that spans generations and shows kids like me that our grandparents took place in one of the most remarkable events in United States history.
Eugene Kinyon (03/02/03)

I started reading this book, like I have the hundreds of other books I have read. Unaffected, And more times than a few, had ended the books the same way. Unaffected. The flags of our fathers left me feeling as if I had lost my own father. I`m sure this book, this biography will stay with me a long time.
Brandon (02/10/03)

I have read this book several times in the last few years and i now know more about Iwo Jima than I ever have. This book is the kind atht when you close your eyes you can picture what really went on.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie