Reader reviews and comments on Ender's Shadow, plus links to write your own review.

Ender's Shadow

by Orson Scott Card

Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card X
Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

Aug 1999, 384 pages
    Dec 2000, 384 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Ender's Shadow

Zach B. (04/18/04)

This book was GREAT!!! It was just as good as Ender's Game. It is a must read.
joe (03/03/04)

the book was exciting and well writen. it was i quick read due to the excitement and i couldnt put it down.
Hexadragon (01/18/04)

Great book-even better than the old Ender's game
John Candioto (01/06/04)

This was the first book of the sries that I have read. It blew my mind. I'm not a big sci-fi fan, but this is the best book ive read in years.
anonymous (12/01/03)

I loved this book. Anybody who doesn't like it probably just stopped reading at the good part! The first coouple chapters are hard to get into but once you get past that part, it is wonderful! The end was sort of confusing too but I still loved it! I went on to read the rest of the series. If you really like this book then I highly recommend reading the books about Bean, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, and Shadow Puppets. This book is, no doubt about it, superb!
Keela J. (10/14/03)

In this book, Card depicted children in a realism that would be nearly impossible for any other author. The book's fast pace made for an interesting read and the events that unfurl along with the style they are described in make the book difficult to cast away for more then a few minutes. Ender's Shadow sent me scrambling for its sequel, Shadow of the Hegemon which is another beautifully written novel. I strongly recommend this book and most will not be disappointed. Card's style is enviable. It is nearly impossible to resist the temptation of reading the book for the third time.
I am 15 years old, but people as well as older and younger will both fall in love with Ender's Shadow.
Sarah (07/26/03)

I absolutly loved this book because I loved how Bean went from the horrid streets of Rotterham to battle schhol. I loved the environment of the story and I love how Orson Scott Card portrays it. I fell in love with it when I opened it, and I liked how people helped Bean along the way. My favorite part of the book is how it ends.
ender_the_xenocide (06/09/03)

I thought this book was one of the best books that orson scott card has written. I could barely put the book down. All the people who didn't like this book should, in my opinion, get their heads checked or re-read the book.

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund