Reader reviews and comments on Local Girls, plus links to write your own review.

Local Girls

by Alice Hoffman

Local Girls by Alice Hoffman

Jun 1999, 197 pages
    May 2000, 208 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Local Girls

Shira (10/16/05)

Love....
I LOVE this book. It's my favorite book ever. My dad brought it home one day for when I was 13 years old and told me the writing was done really well. Of course I did not want to read it at first because usually the books my dad brings home for me are boring, but I picked it up and was instantly sucked in. I've read it 132321883912 times and love it each time. It's amazing.
FinnishGirl (12/27/04)

I'm 16 years old Finnish girl and this was the first book I read in English. I think it was pretty good. At least it was short, readable and easy-to-understand.
Clare Bachman (02/15/04)

I think that the book "Local Girls" is very good. I am 13 and this book really relates to my life. My cousin, was reading it on the plane we were riding on and she fell asleep. I picked the book up and started reading it. I got addicted to it! I read the whole thing and LOVED it.
Will M. (08/27/03)

I think that the book Local Girls is a fantastic entrance into the world of Alice Hoffman. Whether one is reading her again or for the first time Local Girls like the other books written by Alice Hoffman is a triumph. Hoffman spins the tales on each page with a writing style the totally humbles all of those pulp writers who fill today's world of writing.
kelli (06/08/03)

I think that this book is amazing . I am 14 and I totally related to this book , I think every teen should read it.
Micky Secco (08/05/02)

Local Girls by Alice Hoffman sets a guideline for healing and recovery for those girls and boys ranging from teenage to early adulthood who have been deeply affected as a result of parental divorce.
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Linda B. Scanlan
Alice Hoffman is a gift! Her prose is dreamy and fluid; her characters real people with genuine issues. Ms. Hoffman writes about miracles and dreams. Her ability to capture the essence of a phrase is pure genius. I've read every book by this author and can say, without hesitation, that once picked up, this book will not be put down until completely read. I recommend it highly.
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Ali Shert
This is a very well written book about growing up and all the things people do to feel good about their lives. The story is told from several different points of view and is a must read, especially if you loved other books by Hoffman. That's all I'm gonna say, except, READ IT!

• Book Jacket: If We Were Villains

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R