Reader reviews and comments on White Oleander, plus links to write your own review.

White Oleander

by Janet Fitch

White Oleander by Janet Fitch X
White Oleander by Janet Fitch

May 1999, 390 pages
    May 2000, 400 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for White Oleander

motherofblue92@yahoo.com (03/27/02)

As an avid reader, but a very picky one, I must say that this book touched my heart in a way no other has. Janet Fitch is an absolute genius, and I surely hope will thrill us again soon. No book could be more real about life(both the good and the bad), foster care, growing up and being poor. I loved Astrid,and I still do! I think of her as a real person;what better compliment to an author? My all-time fave and I have many...(I also love Wally Lamb)
Heather (03/17/02)

I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was great!! I usually dont enjoy reading all that much but i couldnt put this book down. I think it shows a real view of someone's life in foster care and how they see things and how they can relate to certain people. At some points in the book I couldnt believe what was going on and that made me want to read even more. It makes you feel like you are there witnessing what is going on and you feel like you know the people in the story. I would recomend this book to anyone who is looking for a book that they wont be able to put down.
jack (03/08/02)

brilliance!
Anonymous (10/10/01)

From the first chapter, the reader is mesmerized by the story of Astrid and her mother and what will happen to them both. Fitch's descriptive writing and metaphors glue the reader's attention to each and every page. I am not a reader (2 books a year?),but I couldn't put this one down.It is intriguing, flooky and often with many twists. This is the best book I've read since She's Come Undone.The reader cannot put it down until the last page. I highly recommend it. Fitch's character developments and story plots unfold slowly to the reader through her careful descriptions, until you feel like you are actually there, witnessing the entire scene.It is sad,yet happy, tragic, yet euphoric.What will happen to poor Astrid?Read it and find out and it will be a rewarding experience. Ms. Fitch, I cannot wait until your next book! Job well done!
Anonymous (08/13/01)

Nora Fitz-gibbon
I am still in awe of this young lady's command of metaphors and vivid descriptions. I am eager to read more of her writing...so young...so gifted!!!!!
Anonymous (08/13/01)

Sue
This book, "White Oleander", was one of the best books that I have ever read. I simply could not put it down, and hated for it to end. Maybe, a sequel? I am awaiting Janet Finch to complete her next novel.

• Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us