Reader reviews and comments on White Oleander, plus links to write your own review.

White Oleander

by Janet Fitch

White Oleander by Janet Fitch X
White Oleander by Janet Fitch

May 1999, 390 pages
    May 2000, 400 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for White Oleander

lauren (02/21/03)

Absolutly breath takiing....an unforgetable story....that leaves you hanging in mid air after every word.
Nicole (02/04/03)

This book was amazing. It kept me reading from page to page non stop. I loved Janet Fitch's writing in this novel and i hope to read a lot more of her work in the future!
S.L.B. (01/30/03)

I gave this book a three and that may be genourous at best,I got disgusted with the book at about the 3rd or 4th chapter but went on until I finished so I could be honest in my review and I was hoping that it would get better. True,it was realistic in a lot of ways,my family is friends with a foster mother and we know some true life horror storys but this book was overwritten and poorly made in my estimate. First off.why do people feel a need to put down religion,especially christianity down in some way? And what was the point in Olivia Johnsone? No real character there just a wasted sheet of paper,Claire and Ray was good plot eleiments but Astid was just a girl rolling in self-pity,instead of making herself better in her circumstances,Janet Fitch did a injustice to all real foster girls and let them see the girl Astrid deciding that life was life and there was no point in bettering yourself! Boo! If you like this book it is your choice,not mine.
Kelly (01/21/03)

This is the best book I have ever read. Although I have obviously never experienced something near as tromatising as Astrid, I coulr reallyrelate to her.It's a heavy book, but I would definatly recomend it.
Pippin (01/20/03)

truly amazing! this book demonstartes the knowledge and understanding as if the author had actually gone theough these horrible experiences herself. truly an amazing story filled with innnocence, compassion, annd beauty
Alie (12/23/02)

I'm a Junior in High School and my mom recommended this book to me. I have never read a book that has actually made me emotionally moved. Everyday I didn't want to put it down and when it finished I wanted it to keep going. You have to like looking deep into a psychological point of view of a persons life to read this book. White Oleander was incredible and by far the best book I have ever read.
Stephanie (12/13/02)

This is by far the best book I have ever read. It is also very depressing as to what Astrid experiences with her foster homes.
deanna shriver (12/06/02)

UNBELIEVABE! ONE OF THE BEST READS POSSIBLE. (PROPS TO THE AUTHOR FOR HER EXCELLENT SKILLS

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund