Reader reviews and comments on Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, plus links to write your own review.

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

1st Published in UK as Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone

by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Sep 1998, 309 pages
    Sep 1999, 312 pages

There are currently 283 reader reviews for Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Anonymous (08/04/04)

I love this book. Great writer to keep young and old readers envolved in story. Keep up the series going. Am reading it over and even now get it from library on audio best thing to do. Can listen to it while I play on internet. I am reading and listening to all Rowlings' books about Potter. Can resist them all. Magic of how her story begins and yet the story isn't over yet! Want to know what's after the Order of the Phoenix got to be more and more. Potter just got to get that Voltermore but will he ha ha, only the next book will tell please let the world know I want to read it.
Anonymous (08/01/04)

It is the most stupid book i ever read
Anonymous (07/09/04)

I love everything 'bout harry potter!!!!!!! I love the story j. k rowling wrote. its very good oh not, the best book I ever read and watch. I read it loads of time. its not boring you know reading harry potter book. the Quiddith, everytime I read it I feel I can fly too. I also like his adventure. His friend and all about him. Reading it will enjoy everone.
Becci wise (06/29/04)

i love harry potter i have just read it the 100th time
Syamim (06/22/04)

I Love Harry Potter
penny (06/13/04)

harry potter woz great i rate it 5 it was totally great and imaginative. j k rowling is my favourite author and so is phillip pullman !!!!!!!!!! hurry j k rowling and write the next two fantastic books i will be waiting to read them. harry potter rulz and no one can dis it or they have no taste wot so eva !!!!!!!!!!!!

<< harry potter rulz >>

he is the best
      the one and only
        almighty wizard.
        vanessa (06/06/04)

even though I'm seventeen years old, I love the mystery and adventure that I get from reading the Harry Potter books. Yup, I'm totally a Harry Potter nerd!!!!!!
        Thomas Wackett (05/24/04)

I have just read it for the 100th time. it is great!

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
          by Yaa Gyasi
        • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
          When Breath Becomes Air
          by Paul Kalanithi

Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for ...

The Big Holiday Wordplay: