MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Message In A Bottle, plus links to write your own review.

Message In A Bottle

by Nicholas Sparks

Message In A Bottle

Apr 1998, 322 pages
    Jan 1999, 370 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for Message In A Bottle

Ape-xa (08/21/12)

Message In abottle
This is the best book I have ever read......There is a sad ending in this book!!!! luv this book message in a bottle....
bookwormbelle (11/21/11)

Another tear-jerker from Nicholas
I hate comparing a book from another book but I can't help it. I must say that Sparks' The Notebook touched me much , much intensely than Message In A Bottle did. Yes, enough emotions were conveyed from the book but it lacked one element that I couldn't point a finger to that was ever-present in his first work. But hey. Though Sparks didn't reach me as far as The Notebook did with this book, it's one of the literary pieces that a universal bookworm like me will definitely enjoy. I guess it's safe to say that it's worth every penny. I'm looking forward to reading A Walk To Remember (I'm reading his work chronologically).
Book Lover (01/01/11)

Message in a Bottle
I loved this book so much. It helped me have a good cry that I seemed to need.
charmech (12/03/10)

Show me, don't tell me
This novel breaks all the rules of good writing. It tells us over and over again how the protagonist is pretty, intelligent and successful. It overflows with cliches and repetition. I found the prose almost unbearable.
Sophia Garbi (08/18/10)

Message in a bottle... and to my heart!
It is one of the most beautiful, romantic and sensitive books I have read. Reading it during my summer holidays, it carried me away, more than anything else could, honestly. I believe in destiny and soulmates and special magic in love and that book showed me that, thank you God, I am not the only one... Congratulations Mr. Sparks! And THANK YOU of course!
Nikki (07/25/10)

Message in a Bottle
This is an extremely well-written, heartfelt book. However, it is too sad!
Ciara Martinez (06/21/10)

Astounding!
This heart felt story had me gripped with emotions throughout; at times I loved the characters at times I hated them. Nicholas Sparks is such an amazing writer I really felt gripped into the novel. The ending, for me, was profound. Unexpected and heart-wrenching it had me crying more than I've cried in years. It touched my heart. It really is an astounding novel and I can't emphasize enough that it's definitely a one to read. Nicholas Sparks is a literature genius.
the unknown (02/25/10)

Message in a Bottle
This book is phenomenal ! I fell in love with it !

• Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T