Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 122 reader reviews for The Notebook

Zach Melton (04/01/14)

Da Bestest
I was really touched by this book.
Erin (03/11/13)

A Beautiful Love Story
The Notebook is an enchanting love story that's impossible to put down. It gives all women a sense of a fairy tale and what real love can be. It was an incredible book written with beautiful emotion.
isobelle (02/20/12)

awesome
This book sweeps me off my feet. I can't imagine how Nicholas Sparks created this story through his imagination. The characters are the "best". The words he uses and the emotions are so real.
Jacinda (02/02/12)

The Notebook Review
The notebook is a love story by Nicholas Sparks. It’s told in many different ways; when they are old, teenagers, and in their 30’s. It’s about a young girl named Allie, who comes from a very wealthy, and some would say stuck up, family who falls in love with Noah. Noah came from a lower class family, and there was a problem with her parents.
The two main characters are Allie Nelson and Nah Calhoun. Allie is an elderly woman who lives in a retirement home and has Alzheimer’s. Noah is also an elderly man who works there and tries to help his precious wife Allie, remember him again.
There are two major conflicts, one being described as past tense and one in present time. The first conflict in present time was when the old version of Allie suffers from Alzheimer’s so she can’t remember her past, present, or he hopeful husband. Her husband is known to her as just some random guy, but to him, she is his prized possession. Noah tries to get her to remember their life together by reading the story of their lives they wrote together. Unfortunately, it takes almost all day for her to remember, if she even does. The other conflict is after Allie’s parents broke them up when they were teenagers; she fell in love with him again when she went to see him 14 years later. The only problem was she was engaged. She was forced to choose between the two guys she loved. She obviously chose Noah because their loved stayed together even through not talking for 14 years.
The theme of this story to me personally, was two things. One, that even when people have a serious disease as Allie did, anything is possible. The other theme I got from this book is that if you love someone, you shouldn’t let anyone, including your family break you two up. And if it’s meant to be, it will happen.
In my opinion, I think this was an inspirational, good book. It was just like Disney fairytales, but more realistic. Noah was no prince charming, he didn’t have millions of dollars or nice things, but it could really happen. I recommend this book for girls more than boys.
Sarah Marie (12/16/11)

Real Treat! (:
I love this book ! It was unbelievably good! Nicholas Sparks knows how to pull on his readers emotions. i end up the same way for all his books, crying. he has great talent and i hope that he doesn't give up on his AMAZING talent. KEEP WRITING BOOKS Mr. Sparks ! :)
number1 (11/12/11)

The Notebook
This book is one you can not put down. It is based on a man reading a journal to his wife who has Alzheimers. It is about their love story but she does not know it. It is a romantic, heart wrenching story that you will need a box of tissues for. I recommend this book to the fullest extent.
Juju Y (10/18/11)

The Notebook
I first read the book and was eager to watch the movie. To my surprise it was as good as it was written. It breaks my heart every time I read or watch, it and I did not fail to cry. I have read and watched it countless times. It's like a written wish for all women and their daughter's too to have the kind of man like Noah's character to cherish her. It's like a women wish for her son to be one just like Noah, towards their wife. Thank you Nicholas. Love your books and have been my collection for life.
Jena (08/29/11)

The Notebook
I have seen the movie and fell in love with it. I never expected it to be so good. My favorite part is the fight scene. I love the movie so much and the book I can't wait for it to come on again.

• Book Jacket: A Certain Age

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All