Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

The Notebook

by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 122 reader reviews for The Notebook

Mandy (12/27/04)

I loved this book.. it shows everlasting love and that you'll forget your first love....
Liz (12/23/04)

This book was actually somewhat disappointing for me because from the reviews that I had read I expected The Notebook to be better. The plot seemed somewhat cliched and something which irritated me was the author's constant use of "God he/she looked good". It was still a good read however and poignant at moments, but not enough to move tears to my eyes. Still, all in all, a very enjoyable novel able to be read at one setting.
kristen NY (12/05/04)

This book was amazing, I personally am in a relationship that started similar to the novels, and it gave me hope, and excitement for the future of love!
ruth c magadan (12/02/04)

the most poignant love stories that you'l ever read
Amy N (11/28/04)

I read this book while on an airplane to visit my best friend with my new boyfriend. My heart pounded and I cried as if this was my life. The writing in this book is excellent. The reader feels as though they are in the book. I loved this book. Excellent Excellent.
Amy (11/18/04)

This is the best love story ever....I cried my eyes out reading the book and watching the movie!
Misty (11/17/04)

I don't like to read much but this book is undoubtedly a brilliant book....... The book never lost my interest not even for a second
Vickii (11/11/04)

it was really good. i cried and cried and cried.. the movie is awsome as well... the characters are so good and while reading the book, you feel like you were right there watching it all happen.

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.