Reader reviews and comments on The Pilot's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Pilot's Wife

by Anita Shreve

The Pilot's Wife

Mar 1999, 293 pages
    Mar 1999, 293 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for The Pilot's Wife

Melissa Brady (05/23/03)

What a Wonderful story. I really could not put this book down. I too was a little confused by the phone call bit at the end. After reading other reviews, I have it all pieced together now. This book makes you think about life and how you just can not take things for granted, as you never know when your whole world will be turned upside down. I strongly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a great read.
Billy (03/10/03)

Very poor reading!!
Barbie (03/06/03)

Excellent book. I couldn't put it down!!
Melanie (02/05/03)

This book was AMAZING!! I couldn't put it down!
md (02/03/03)

amazing
Lauren (11/17/02)

Anita Shreve mixes compassion with love, heartache, and curiosity. Truley a page turner than cannot be put down.
dyayasister (10/25/02)

This is the first book I have read from Shreve, and I absolutely loved it!! I can't wait to read another one of her books, she keeps you interested from cover to cover. A great book to curl up with a blanket and a cup of coffee, and ENJOY!!
Julie M (09/19/02)

A Pilots Wife was an amazing tale of a woman’s struggle with death. It was such a spectacular book. Kathryn, the main character in the story, was so strong and it was empowering to see how she dealt with everything once her life changed forever. Everyone should read this book, it makes you appreciate what you have in your everyday life.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review