Reader reviews and comments on Komarr, plus links to write your own review.

Komarr

A Miles Vorkosigan Adventure

by Lois McMaster Bujold

Komarr

Jun 1998, 320 pages
    May 1999, 366 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Komarr

Melody (07/24/02)

What a wonderful book--and a good place to start this series if you haven't found it before now! Miles has matured if not mellowed and we finally see a heroine capable of handling him with grace. As always, Bujold writes solid well crafted science fiction with both action and depth. She makes you examine your own humanity in a new light--without beating you over the head with it.

Be sure to check out the hilarious sequel, "A Civil Campaign" where we get to see Miles attempt a courtship as only he can!
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Irene Flebbe
This book continues the character development of that most interesting of figures, Miles. I really liked the new love interest, Ekaterin. Give me a strong woman who acts, and keeps her self doubts to herself! Another thing I liked was Miles's thoughts of appreciation for Barrayor's native flora in terms of its beauty and historical value.
Too often in SF novels, if any mention of a destroyed ecology is mentioned, it is in terms of the effects of its loss to the sentient beings (see Dune, Grass) rather than(Got way off the subject, there!) Anyway, I have read Komarr several times now, and I find something new to like at each reading. I like where Lois is going - Miles is maturing into a really likeable as well as admirable person. Bravo!

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review