Reader reviews and comments on Cities of The Plain, plus links to write your own review.

Cities of The Plain

Border Trilogy, Volume 3

by Cormac McCarthy

Cities of The Plain

May 1999, 292 pages
    Jul 1999, 292 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Cities of The Plain

Power Reviewer Suzanne G. (12/17/12)

#3
Here is the third in the Border Trilogy, but the second is not available to review. The Crossing (#2) is rated 4 by me.
The book is as melancholy as the other two. Emotional and violent, Cities of the Plain was one I couldn’t put down. But there is one thing I may have missed in the book—why did the cover have a burning field?
Evelyn Juarez (06/08/03)

It's a really good book. Really interesting to read and to do a project on it. A right book for historical events.
sarah (05/12/02)

Cormac McCarthy is an amazing writer. I loved every moment of the boder trilogy. With the exception of the violence in the novels. John Grady Cole and Billy are the most real characters I have ever come across in writing.

One Month Free Membership

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

This Must Be the Place