Reader reviews and comments on The Color of Water, plus links to write your own review.

The Color of Water

by James McBride

The Color of Water by James McBride X
The Color of Water by James McBride

Feb 1996, 228 pages
    Feb 1997, 228 pages

There are currently 97 reader reviews for The Color of Water

shady (10/28/02)

it was a great book that talked a lot about human nature
Amanda (10/17/02)

I thought the book was incredible. It opened my eyes to a whole new world. Ruth is an outstanding woman and mother. She is a role model to all those who suffer through racism and abuse.
Steven (10/16/02)

THIS BOOK SUCKED they kept talkin and talkin and there are tons of movies that the same its a typical story.
Izzo fa shezzo my nezzo (10/15/02)

this is the poorest book i have ever read!!!

"McBride, if u ever write a book again, mann i would never read it thats all i have to say
Quique El Loco (10/09/02)

This is an amazing book. I loved every page, every word, from the front cover to the back cover. Im not the type of person who you can say "reads for fun" I read this book in class, I finisged it in three days. Thats how great it is. Now im getting more and more into reading for fun.

ITS BOOKS LIKE THESE THAT MAKE PEOPLE REALLY READ FOR FUN!!!
Debbie Sealey (09/24/02)

It is the most extraordinary book that I have read for a while it took me the whole
of 2 days to read and I had to read it again. Could not put it down.

Keep up the good writing

Best Wishes
Debbie
akilah (09/19/02)

The book was a good story. I liked how he made the tribute to his mother,and shared her story.
jamal (09/12/02)

You should read this book why ?
Find out when you read!!!!!

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes