Reader reviews and comments on The One-in-a-Million Boy, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Discuss |  Reviews |  Readalikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The One-in-a-Million Boy

by Monica Wood

The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood X

Apr 2016, 336 pages
    Apr 2017, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The One-in-a-Million Boy

J watson

Unforgettable
This book was such a surprise! Outside my usual genres of mystery or historical fiction, I was totally captivated, I did not want it to end! I plan to have my book club read it when it is my turn to pick! The warmth of the story and characters are deeply felt.
Marcia S.

The boys legacy
This was such a wonderful book. The characters are so well-written and you find yourself wanting the best for them. The boy touches hearts and changes lives. It's not your usual "feel good" story, as the characters experience pain.This is the story of their journey. In many ways. it's a story of acceptance. In all ways, in the end, it's a story of love. The boy would be proud!
Veronica

The ONE-IN-A-MILLION-BOY
WONDER by R J. Palacio is one of my all time favorite books. If it was one of yours you will most likely find One in a Million Boy a delight to read. Insightful, heart tugging, and a feel good book with a tough story line. Recommended for all ages.
Sandi W.

Age is only a number....
A fantastic and heartwarming story about an unlikely friendship between an 104-year-old Lithuanian immigrant and a 11-year-old Boy Scout. The bond they share is uniquely special, and will definitely touch your heart.
It really was best not knowing too much of this story beforehand and letting it just unfold as it goes. You are in good hands as Monica Wood delivers a well written story that will make you think about life and those that you share it with. This book is heartbreaking, no doubt about it, but there is beauty too that alleviates the sadness and makes this a book about growth, personal discovery and how we view both ourselves and others.
I laughed and I cried. This book will take you by surprise.

• Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...
    The Islamic Enlightenment
    by Christopher de Bellaigue
  • Book Jacket: The Spy of Venice
    The Spy of Venice
    by Benet Brandreth
    Benet Brandreth's delightfully diverting historical thriller brings the Bard to vibrant life. ...

The Removes by Tatjana Soli

A powerful, transporting novel about the addictive intensity and freedom of the American frontier.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter