Reader reviews and comments on The Brethren, plus links to write your own review.

The Brethren

by John Grisham

The Brethren

Feb 2000, 366 pages
    Oct 2000, 366 pages

There are currently 37 reader reviews for The Brethren

Linda (11/07/11)

Left hanging
Thoroughly enjoyed this book until the last page. I actually thought perhaps pages were missing. The story needed to continue. I was extremely disappointed with the ending. There is no ending.
Palesa Mpuru (07/14/09)

Interesting
A startling book and depicts what could be the real world of many politicians, prone to blackmailing or being victimised. The final chapter of the book was a slump I feel it needed a strong cuff to the reader. John's writing style also illustrates his law profession, he's a good writter.
Palesa Mpuru (03/31/09)

Funny
It was a very good read indeed, interesting and very realistic as your mind gets glued to the book. Very funny in other episodes of the book and brilliant. The end was somehow less flattering when compared to the whole book itself, but it leaves you laughing even at yourself for being so inquisitive.
Kevin B. (07/27/06)

Hmmmm...
I'm a big Ghisham fan, and I thought the development of the plot was great, but I was really expecting a BIG finish. The main players & plot just seemed to fizzle out. I really thought this book could have ended with a great cliff-hanger and lead nicely into a 2nd book about the outcome of the new President.

Oh well... it kept me entertained,
Adam (01/31/05)

I am more into hardcore literature and poetry, but this was a fun read.
razel (12/08/04)

its good
Kymberly Goughler (11/16/04)

I usually dont read his books, this was a class assignment and I enjoyed it.
silver-o (05/24/04)

Commonwealth
    by Ann Patchett

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review