Reader reviews and comments on The Opposite of Everyone, plus links to write your own review.

The Opposite of Everyone by Joshilyn Jackson

Feb 2016, 352 pages
    Oct 2016, 352 pages

There are currently 30 reader reviews for The Opposite of Everyone

Marion C. (Litchfield, NH) (11/23/15)

I Was Born Blue
THE OPPOSITE OF EVERYONE is the perfect title for this cunning, captivating and delightful novel that hits home in a few spots. "I was born blue," completes the circle of this enchanting novel when Paula Vauss, a divorce lawyer in Georgia, receives a note from her mother that reads: "I am going on a journey, Kali, I am going back to my beginning; death is not the end. .." The rich stories of Georgia lore and Karma make this novel charming. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as the novel moves along fast and a surprise ending neatly ties everything together. I will be reading Joshilyn Jackson's other novels as her writing is distinctive and enjoyable.
Diane D. (Mount Pleasant, SC) (11/23/15)

Jackson is a great writer!
I'm a big fan of everything Joshilyn Jackson has written and this book did not disappoint!!! Her characters have such depth and are so real. I love her story development with flashbacks to the past. I get so wrapped up when reading her books, I don't know where the time goes!! I highly recommend this book!
Power Reviewer Mary Lou F. (Naples, FL) (11/22/15)

Family Forever
This book shows no matter what, family always wins out. The complications involved with a dysfunctional family also show that things can turn around with faith and hope.
Roe P. (Massapequa Park, NY) (11/18/15)

How we carry our childhood memories forward
This book started a little slow for me...but soon picked up when I realized this was the story of a young woman who still carried a burden of an incident that took place when she was a child...Joshilyn Jackson does a terrific job of melding the characters of the story and giving the reader a feeling of friendship with each of them. The story also has humorous moments. After the first few chapters the reader has no choice but to read through in an effort to discover where this journey will take Paula. Give this book the chance it deserves and I promise you will love it as much as I did.
Power Reviewer Sue J. (Brookfield, WI) (11/16/15)

Great read!
Joshilyn Jackson hit a home run with "The Opposite of Everyone". I read it over the weekend and couldn't put it down. The main character Paula worms her way into your heart a little bit at a time. Living an unconventional childhood, she makes a "911" call that puts her mother in jail and she is sent to a group home. That wasn't the outcome Paula was expecting and she incurs a debt to her mother that follows her throughout adulthood. I highly recommend this book, it was a great read!
Power Reviewer Donna W. (Wauwatosa, WI) (11/13/15)

In this book a young lawyer's troubled past catches up with her present life. The author seamlessly weaves past and present events together to tell a beautiful story about family.

Quirky and appealing characters, an engaging story, and honest dialogue made this a great book! From the very first pages I couldn't put it down. The characters were so real to me, and their story was so believable that I felt myself immersed in their lives.

I highly recommend this book!!

The Tridevi in Hinduism

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

O My D B