Reader reviews and comments on Bridget Jones's Diary, plus links to write your own review.

Bridget Jones's Diary

by Helen Fielding

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

May 1998, 271 pages
    May 1999, 267 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Bridget Jones's Diary

serap (04/08/03)

i ove bridget i think she made a really good choice by chosing mark darcy he is a really good actress daniel in the other hand i think he just a player after reading this now i am making my own diarys to
RocĂ­o Astudillo (12/27/02)

This book is awsome!. I love it and I love Bridget!!!
I had to read the spanish version, 'cause I'm a chilean girl... but I can't wait to buy the original version, Helen is a goddess of writing!
pink (05/12/02)

I thought the book was really good and I recommend it to both men and women.
Anonymous (01/19/02)

I, too, love Bridget and her diary! I have posted a review for this book in "Current Classics" (under the General Discussion heading). I did not, however, appreciate the sequel or the movie as much as the original.
Anonymous (09/12/01)

Elizabeth
This book seems to me - and surely I cannot be alone in seeing this - to
be a very witty re-write, set in our contemporary world, of Jane Austens
"Pride and Prejudice".
It becomes very interesting to see the parallels and the differences in
the two periods, of the situations and ways of coping of a not-so-young
female person in her search for a suitable romantic match.

In response to Elizabeth's comment - based on an interview I read some time ago, I believe that Pride & Prejudice was exactly what Helen Fielding had in mind when she wrote the book!
- Davina, BookBrowse.com [/]
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Reethika
You bet "Bridget Jones is me"!!! She's every one of us single working women wondering what the heck it is we are trying to do with life anyway!!! Absolutely smashing... and so true to life!
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Jesse Kelly
Absolutely hilarious and unfortunately so true to life for many of us "Singletons." Would love to see a sequel. Where is this author anyway? Have not been able to find out much about this comical lady who tells it like it is when it comes to the single life. Just loved the book and read it twice!

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Censorship, like charity, should begin at home: but unlike charity, it should end there.

K Your F C