Reader reviews and comments on Relationship Rescue, plus links to write your own review.

Relationship Rescue

A Seven Step Strategy for Reconnecting with Your Partner

by Dr Phillip McGraw

Relationship Rescue

Feb 2000, 272 pages
    Jan 2001, 272 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Relationship Rescue

Tom (01/16/04)

This book is wonderful. I had one foot out the door and now my marriage is so much better and we both have such a better understanding. We learned things in this book that people that have been married 50 years might not have figured out yet. i recomend this book to anyone who is married. Whether the marriage be geart or whether it be hanging on by a thread.!!
Dr. Yehia A. Ibrahim (10/22/03)

What a great wisdom, Dr. Phil McGraw and his insightful book "Relationship Rescue" has added to my life, not only as a husband with a marriage realtionship at seemingly risk, but also as a counsellor and trainer who has a "Human Resource Development Mission" in life. I candidly consider this book to be one of the most ever published important books that can trmendously help people rebuild trust and friendship in their relationship. Those who read the book should pay attention to the hirarchy of self as it goes deeply into the core of consiousness. This core is sometimes, and also naturally, contaminated with irrational beliefs and erroneously prioritized or imporoperly positioned values. When such a contaimnation heavily exists, the bad spirit finds its way into corrupting our behaviors and destroying our relationships. If it is our decision to live happily and restore our marrital purpose, it rather important that we go back to our core of consciousness and search it for the principles of life, i.e. life's compass. This core is innate and authentic wherein decent and rational personal relationship values exist. When these values are decontaminated, emphasized and liberated, people's proactivity sustains, and their martial wisdom flourishes.

Dr. Phil has undoubtedly taken us in and with his book beyond any psycho-jargons. It is a practical and "must-read" reference for those who are cuurently married or planning to live a happily in relationship marriage.

Last, but far from least, being a Muslim, myself, I have found that Phil's book perfectly fit my beliefs into the nature of self as related to its human and/or humane interactions. Furthermore, the book has taken me into a higher, yet marvelously satisfying, spiritual level that appears universal for those who are connected to their core consciousness, regardless of their religions. I now share with those people all the authentic values of our core consciousness.

Dr. Phil has impressed me one more time.

Prof. Yehia A. Ibrahim, Ph.D.
Anonymous (08/09/01)

N.F. Hall
After having failed all my intimate relationships over the past several years, I met someone that I knew I didn't want to fail. I read "Relationship Rescue" before the relationship ever needed rescued, or so I thought.
Through Dr. McGraw's no nonsense plan of action, I realized that I was already subconsciously sabotaging our relationship. I learned how to turn it back around to be as good as it was when we had that first spark between us.
This book is very motivating, empowering, inspirational and captivating.
I highly recommend this book to all couples, regardless of the current health of their relationship. I am telling everyone about what Dr. McGraw has done for me and look forward to reading "Life Strategies" next!
Thanks Dr. Phil!!!
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Dr. Carl L. Wiley
I do marriage and family counseling. For couples experiencing problems, I insist they read Dr. McGraw's book. If they are unwilling to read it, then I am unwilling to work with them. For those who take the book seriously, it has been a great help. I only wish Dr. McGraw had been around 40 years ago when we were being taught the "non-directive" approach!

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.