Reader reviews and comments on Amy Falls Down, plus links to write your own review.

Amy Falls Down

by Jincy Willett

Amy Falls Down by Jincy Willett X
Amy Falls Down by Jincy Willett

Jul 2013, 336 pages
    Jul 2014, 336 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Amy Falls Down

Jill S. (Chicago, IL) (06/09/13)

A scathingly funny view of publishing
Amy Gallup -- Jincy Willettt's fabulous creation -- would be appalled to hear me describe her as "compelling" or "scathingly funny" or "wickedly good." This laugh-out-loud book captures the bathos of the publishing industry as only an insider could, and along the way, has several gleaming insights into the work of a writer as well. It helps to know Ms. Willett's previous book, The Writing Club, since some of the characters are the same, but this one still stands on its own. A great read for would-be writers and readers alike!
Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ) (06/08/13)

Why would you read this book?
An older writer falls and hits her head...does this sound like a book you would want to read? Do go past the description and read it. It is literate and sometimes even funny, but mainly it is a look at what makes Amy be herself. No description I write will do the book justice. It is well worth your time.

• Book Jacket: The Magnificent Esme Wells
    The Magnificent Esme Wells
    by Adrienne Sharp
    Esme Wells was not made to sit back and wait for her destiny. She was made to be magnificent. With ...
  • Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie
    by Alice Feeney

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

I Wouldn't T H W A T-F P