Reader reviews and comments on The Lion in the Lei Shop, plus links to write your own review.

The Lion in the Lei Shop

by Kaye Starbird

The Lion in the Lei Shop by Kaye Starbird

Jun 2013, 276 pages
    May 2013, 292 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for The Lion in the Lei Shop

Mary Ellen B. (Hebron, CT) (05/16/13)

Sad But True
As those who bore witness to Pearl Harbor die off, a book like this becomes even more important. It has fortuitously been reissued so that the memories of this time will not be lost. Beautifully written, it elucidates the tragic effects of the attack on a mother and her young child, and its future repercussions on them both. For adults and older teens.
Mary B. (St Paul, MN) (05/15/13)

The Lion in the Lei Shop
The novel chronicles the bombing of Pearl Harbor as seen by both a child and her mother. The story gives a heartfelt and engaging perspective of how that day impacted them and their lives as a military wife and child on the island that day, and the years that follow. The author was able to bring the events and emotions to life with her narrative. I found it hard to put down and very emotional.
Diane M. (Walden, NY) (04/24/13)

lion in the lei shop
Daughter marty is evacuated from Pearl harbor with her mother. In the aftermath she has nightmares of the lion in the lei shop who is supposed to devour happy children. This is the story of how the mother deal with their new life and facing the possibility of their soldier husband and father never coming home. This is a great book and one I'm glad I read it.

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Harvard is the storehouse of knowledge because the freshmen bring so much in and the graduates take so little out.

O My D B