Reader reviews and comments on The Lion in the Lei Shop, plus links to write your own review.

The Lion in the Lei Shop

by Kaye Starbird

The Lion in the Lei Shop by Kaye Starbird

Jun 2013, 276 pages
    May 2013, 292 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for The Lion in the Lei Shop

Mary Ellen B. (Hebron, CT) (05/16/13)

Sad But True
As those who bore witness to Pearl Harbor die off, a book like this becomes even more important. It has fortuitously been reissued so that the memories of this time will not be lost. Beautifully written, it elucidates the tragic effects of the attack on a mother and her young child, and its future repercussions on them both. For adults and older teens.
Mary B. (St Paul, MN) (05/15/13)

The Lion in the Lei Shop
The novel chronicles the bombing of Pearl Harbor as seen by both a child and her mother. The story gives a heartfelt and engaging perspective of how that day impacted them and their lives as a military wife and child on the island that day, and the years that follow. The author was able to bring the events and emotions to life with her narrative. I found it hard to put down and very emotional.
Diane M. (Walden, NY) (04/24/13)

lion in the lei shop
Daughter marty is evacuated from Pearl harbor with her mother. In the aftermath she has nightmares of the lion in the lei shop who is supposed to devour happy children. This is the story of how the mother deal with their new life and facing the possibility of their soldier husband and father never coming home. This is a great book and one I'm glad I read it.

Discover your next great read here

June
by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore

The Garden of Small Beginnings
    by Abbi Waxman

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading, you wish the author that wrote it was a ...

Y S M B, I'll S Y