Reader reviews and comments on Me Before You, plus links to write your own review.

by Jojo Moyes

Dec 2012, 384 pages
    Jul 2013, 400 pages

Norah Piehl

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Me Before You

Stephanie D. (01/05/14)

Me Before You
I never write book reviews but felt I had to express how I just loved this book! I have a hard time sticking to a book and found that I couldn't put this one down.
I enjoyed all of the characters and find myself thinking about them throughout the day even after having finished the book a few days ago.
I am part of a book club and if there were ever a chance to talk to this author by phone or have her as our guest at one of our meetings we would be overjoyed.
By far, the best book I have read in a long, LONG time.
Louisa is such an inspiration.
Power Reviewer Dorothy L (07/24/13)

A Wonderful Book
I love this book. I was reluctant to read it at first because of the subject matter. It was one of my book club's selections and I think it is a wonderful book--gripping story and well written. It starts slowly and builds dramatically. When you get to the last fifty pages or so, you can't put it down. The characters are all very well drawn--the minor ones as well as the protagonists. The issues raised are very important. I cried at the end. This is truly a memorable book!
Power Reviewer Louise J (03/14/13)

Couldn't Put It Down!
I didn’t expect the ending of this book at all, it was quite a shock to me to be quite honest and I cried for about ten minutes. The author has done a fantastic job at penning this novel and you won’t be able to put it down once you’ve started and I was sorry to see it end. I’ll definitely be recommending it to family and friends.
Power Reviewer Diane S. (01/22/13)

Me before you
Finishing this book on the 40th anniversary of the passing of Roe vs. Wade almost seems ironic. The heart of this novel also concerns a pressing moral issue, one I will not comment on nor state which side of the debate I would be on. Louisa and Will Traynor are memorable characters, fully developed wonderful characters dealing with things I hope I never have to. This type of book can easily verge on the maudlin and over dramatic and it is to this author s credit that it did neither. Their was humor, their was love, and almost every other emotion one could imagine. I was emotionally involved, though I could see both side of the issue and I am still not sure which side I would have fallen on. This was in all ways a wonderful book, a heartfelt and heartbreaking book, a book that should be read.

Dignitas

Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review