Reader reviews and comments on Lovely, Dark and Deep, plus links to write your own review.

Lovely, Dark and Deep

Tamara Smith

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Lovely, Dark and Deep

mecatrett (11/16/14)

Mirror of my Soul
This book was beautiful. I found myself understanding and connecting with Wren's thoughts and feelings, even though I have not suffered from events similar to hers. That's the beautiful thing about this novel: the author makes her easy to relate to on so many levels. This moved me. This made me think. Oh, and it definitely made me want a man like Cal.
Power Reviewer Louise J (05/05/13)

Lots of Emotion
Mamie – but Dad calls her Wren. Her parents never agreed on anything when they married, so she answers to both names.

There is a lot of emotion packed into Lovely, Dark and Deep. While reading along you can empathize and feel Wren’s many emotions with her. This is a story that is real because this exact situation could happen to anyone and probably has over and over. It depends on our inner strength as to whether we’re able to pull ourselves up and out of the muck and mire and mere depression, survivor’s guilt, and that feeling of a lack of inertia. The book also shows that when someone is grieving, it not only affects the griever themselves, but many other people involved in that person’s life.

For a debut novel, Lovely, Dark and Deep packs a punch and I’m looking forward to more of Amy McNamara’s work.

Amy McNamara

by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

The dirtiest book of all is the expurgated book

The Big Holiday Wordplay: