Reader reviews and comments on In the Shadow of the Banyan, plus links to write your own review.

In the Shadow of the Banyan

by Vaddey Ratner

In the Shadow of the Banyan

Jul 2012, 336 pages
    Jun 2013, 320 pages

Poornima Apte

There are currently 9 reader reviews for In the Shadow of the Banyan

Power Reviewer Diane S. (07/29/12)

In the Shadow of the Banyon
This book is beautifully written, my only question is would a seven and eight yr. old have the capacity to relate all these things she had seen? I decided that what she didn't understand at the beginning, after everything she sees and experiences, she would have grown up relatively quickly so I think that this is entirely plausible. Great book and one I would definitely recommend.

A Look at the Khmer Rouge

by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us

The Big Holiday Wordplay: