Reader reviews and comments on The Orphan Master's Son, plus links to write your own review.

The Orphan Master's Son

by Adam Johnson

The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson

Jan 2012, 464 pages
    Aug 2012, 480 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for The Orphan Master's Son

Michele W. (Kiawah Island, SC) (10/13/11)

Trauma narrative
Adam Johnson describes his new book, The Orphan Master's Son as a trauma narrative, and it is. But it's also beautifully complex, densely plotted and peopled with memorable characters struggling to live in the twisted world of the Dear Leader, Kim Jong Il. It's horrifying, exciting, touching, funny, demanding, and impossible to describe adequately in 50 words. If you love David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas or The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, I believe you will adore The Orphan Master's Son.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers