Reader reviews and comments on The Orphan Master's Son, plus links to write your own review.

The Orphan Master's Son

by Adam Johnson

The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson

Jan 2012, 464 pages
    Aug 2012, 480 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for The Orphan Master's Son

Michele W. (Kiawah Island, SC) (10/13/11)

Trauma narrative
Adam Johnson describes his new book, The Orphan Master's Son as a trauma narrative, and it is. But it's also beautifully complex, densely plotted and peopled with memorable characters struggling to live in the twisted world of the Dear Leader, Kim Jong Il. It's horrifying, exciting, touching, funny, demanding, and impossible to describe adequately in 50 words. If you love David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas or The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, I believe you will adore The Orphan Master's Son.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

I write to add to the beauty that now belongs to me

O My D B