Reader reviews and comments on Hemingway's Boat, plus links to write your own review.

Hemingway's Boat

Marnie Colton

There is 1 reader review for Hemingway's Boat

Marilyn Samuel (09/03/12)

Window on a SAD, SAD personal world
I disagree that the fishing and the boat lore distract from the body of the work. It occurred to me that the "passion" that Hemingway extended to his fishing and his boat was exactly the "passion" that he Searched for all of his life and in every Woman he met. It is the passion we should have for our pets, our spouses, and our children but so many of us are debilitated. Through his fishing and "Pilar" was the only wholeness he could feel....the only tip of sanity he could conjure. This book resonates with the pain, anguish and despair that follows those with "depression" and other emotional declivities.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review